This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Does Anyone Use Sendmeglutenfree.com?

CeliacMommaX2

CeliacMommaX2 Enthusiast

I came across this and wonder if it's worthwhile to try as we are just starting out on the gluten free journey... thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

There  are  many  of  these  home boxes available to choose from.. I think  they  are are great  way to try new  gluten-free  products  but  they can get  pricey  depending  on  which one  you choose...here are a few  more to look at:

Taste Guru

Cuisine cube

Send me gluten-free

Love  with Food gluten-free   Snack box

Conscious  box

healthy  surprise gluten-free Snack box 

Urth Box

Tasteric Allergy Free

GFreely  box

G Foodie Box  club

Sprig

I personally  have  never  used  any  of these  but  many choices...

good luck

LauraTX Rising Star

If you are just starting out, it can be a nice way to discover new products without paying full price.  I haven't used that specific service, but when I was first diagnosed I used Gfreeconnect which sends a HUGE box out every few months.  It was nice to have coupons and samples, but I eventually cancelled it because a lot of the products that get into those kinds of boxes are on the weird side... like I just want gluten-free stuff, not raw/vegan/sugarfree/free of everything.  There are also a lot of products out there and many weren't available in stores near me.  So, I eventually found it better to focus on what was in stock at my local stores, and unless I hear about something that is really good, I get everything there and don't mail order in food.  But overall I would say it is worth getting a few sent in so you can try some things out.

What has helped me more in steering me on what products to try is this forum.  Just reading about things like what brands people like, there are a few that people always say are bad (Im looking at you, ener-g tapioca loaf) and some that people unanimously say are good (Canyon bakehouse, King arthur flour mixes) and that has helped steer me into what I will try first off the grocery store shelf.

Also, one of the best things that helped me out at the start was the gluten-free care package from Univ. of Chicago Celiac Disease Center.  It had the most helpful items in it, and lots of coupons and helpful literature.  If you haven't put in for that, especially since you have kids, definitely do!  

Open Original Shared Link

(To qualify must have you or a child dx'd by biopsy in the past year. They will ask for your doctor info so they can check out your medical records.)

• 1 month later...
TR WI Newbie

I tried the Urthbox gluten free box and four of the items were not marked gluten free in it. One of them items clearly stated that it will and does contain cross contamination. I contacted them my email and this was there response...

"We have confirmation from these vendors that these items are Gluten Free."

"I'm sorry for the frustration. These products are Gluten Free, it just does not have the seal since the facility may run other products in the facility that may have Gluten in them. Many facilities run more than one line and the products we include run on independent lines (preventing cross contamination), but since they run in the same facility they are required to make mention on the back."

Archived