Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CeliacMommaX2

Potty Accidents... Related To Celiac?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have no clue if it is related to celiac disease or not.

I do not think there is one photo of my baby brother that did not have a wet stain on his pants when he was three and four. He could not be bothered to take time out to use the restroom. It did not bother him to be scolded by his older siblings. He was simply a busy little boy. He also did not talk at all until he was three and then it was full sentences -- adult sentences with a large vocabulary.

The wetting stopped when he went to school. Peer pressure or maturity put an end to that, I guess. He was a bed wetter like so many in our family (generations), at least for those that seem to have no worries. Everyone outgrew it.

My baby brother is brilliant. The genius of the family.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

We have found gluten exposure to impact continence. This was true for our super silly girl and is one of her accommodations at school...she gets irritable bladder issues that make her go frequently. It was also true for her younger brother when he was very young, as well as being true for myself.

My super silly red siren is my guiding light. She has been a tremendous lesson for me in how gluten affects different people in very different ways. She is a super duper silly girl that was simply born that way. I have no idea why I am so blessed to have her guidance.

Join eNewsletter

We have found gluten exposure to impact continence. This was true for our super silly girl and is one of her accommodations at school...she gets irritable bladder issues that make her go frequently. It was also true for her younger brother when he was very young, as well as being true for myself.

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me what this disease can do to a person. The symptoms are so varied!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

That sounds like what we're dealing with... Will it get better as she heals and is gluten free for longer? 

Mom to 2 young kids with celiac, diagnosed March 2015

*Gluten free household

Join eNewsletter

None of us deal with continence issues now. The longer we have been gluten free, the better we have gotten at managing and eliminating potential exposures. That being said, it was such an issue for super silly girl as we were getting smarter about living gluten free that she was regularly checked for UTI and watched for diabetes. It is good to communicate continence issues with your doctor, as there can be other causes. But for our family, getting better at gluten free living was the answer.

My super silly red siren is my guiding light. She has been a tremendous lesson for me in how gluten affects different people in very different ways. She is a super duper silly girl that was simply born that way. I have no idea why I am so blessed to have her guidance.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter