Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

supermaltese

Qualifications For Testing

In order to be tested for Celiac's Disease, how soon must I have eaten gluten/wheat?

I accidentally ate gluten several times over the last 3 days. Because of this, I've been in hell scratching the itch that won't go away, that seems to be in my bones, that I just can't get to.

If I must eat a bunch of gluten-containing-wheat in order to take a test, I'm going to choose a Pizza...

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

As Karen linked, how much pizza you eat will be determined by which test you are doing.  Blood tests require about 3 months of gluten/pizza, and the endoscopic biopsy requires 2-4 weeks.  The (area beside the ) rash biopsy just requires a rash, I think.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

That's very disappointing. To describe the itch as hell is to understate it. It reaches from the bottom of my pecks all the way to the top of my head, and doesn't miss a spot except most of my face. I've battle this my whole life, only realized gluten was the problem late last year, and my skin is like leather. It would be nice if the doctor can take a skin-rash sample to determine the existence of Celiac's because I don't think I can handle that much gluten. Just eating traces of it now makes me literally unable to function, belly ache, burping, and the itch bones.

Join eNewsletter

Try posting in our dermatitis herpetiformis (dh) board.  There are a lot of experienced and smart people over there who will be able to help you more with skin biopsy questions (all I know is that the area beside the rash must be biopsied) and give you good advice.

https://www.celiac.com/forums/forum/26-dermatitis-herpetiformis/

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter