Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FallenLegacy

Only gluten-free In The House: Gluten Residue On Clothes And Bed Covers

Paranoid or not but I feel like I get a reaction when I ingest something small like a grain in bed. Not that I'm eating anything gluten but I've only been gluten/grain free for a few weeks and perhaps there's residue on my bed and my clothes? I feel like I react but not a major reaction, just a paranoid spike. How do you go about cleaning an area to make sure it's gluten free?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wash your bedding and clothes? That should get rid of whatever dirt that is on them. Vacuum, dust, wipe down...... Just like you would clean for any other dirt or dust or crumbs.

A couple of places that you should make sure to clean for gluten are kitchen drawers - seems like crumbs always fall in. And toasters/ toaster ovens. And , of course, the places you kept gluteny food before - like the kitchen shelf or cabinet.

Join eNewsletter

LOL  I understand that.  When I walk through a bakery or the flour aisle in the grocery store, I feel like I am surrounded by "evil gluten".  LOL  :rolleyes:   I know that it is perfectly safe but I still get a bit of the heebee geebee's.

Gluten just needs to be washed off.  You should be safe if your home is gluten-free.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Unless your partner eats crackers in bed (seriously...mine did in the beginning!!!!) you should be fine.  I think everyone is slightly paranoid at the start.  I didn't want toget in a gluten eaters car for a long time.  Try to relax.  It takes time.   

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter