This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Confused

CrazyCorgiLady

CrazyCorgiLady Newbie

Hi my name is robyn & I am trying to figure out where my body stands at this time.

I know I have gluten sensitivity but that is the extent of my knowledge.

The basic symptoms:

Migraines

diaherra

vomiting

stomach cramps

constipation

energy loss

was told by my doc that my joint pain was due to allergic arthritis.

Well I was talking to my sister about a rash I had & she had mentioned that a patient of hers with celiac develops a rash when she eats bad.

I am not going to lie, i am my own worst enemy. I constantly choose tasty food over my health. I have no will power or discipline.

I occasionally get a rash that resembles prickly heat (its texas, not uncommon) it doesnt spread like poison ivy but does grow in size. Takes a couple months to clear up no matter what I put on it. The itching is AWFUL! I am currently experiencing another rash but of a different kind. It starts as a whelt. Again doesnt spread by contact but grows. They pop up out of no where. I currently have one on my face, arm, butt, foot, & the worst my leg. I know what the basic bug bites look like (again, texas just keeps on giving) this just doesnt fit that bill.

This photos are in order from first appearance to current status

Open Original Shared Link

I know this isnt a doctors office but what I guess im looking for is ur thoughts & stories. Info is king & im trying to understand what I am dealing with.

So give me what ya got

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Sorry, I can not diagnose the rash. I do not have DH (celiac rash). You could get tested for celiac disease. Also, check our our DH section. Here are the tests:

-tTG IgA and tTG IgG

-DGP IgA and DGP IgG

-EMA IgA

-total serum IgA and IgG (control test)

-AGA IGA and AGA IgG - older and less reliable tests largely replace by the DGP tests

-endoscopic biopsy - make sure at least 6 samples are taken

-skin biopsy taken adjacent to the eruption (if you have a rash)

(Source: NVSMOM -- )

Welcome to the forum and let us know how it goes!

Archived