Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notme!

Winston Salem Nc

i am having to travel to winston salem, nc as i have a relative in the burn unit there and he will be there for several more weeks.  i found a nice hotel that suits our needs (we were there this past weekend) but have to go back.  anyplace good from anybody local?  i want to try 'loop's' and we ate at bonefish last visit.  thank God for bonefish.  i can usually find one most places i travel to.  but, you know, sometimes you want something other than the 5 items on their gluten-free menu....  (and my husband makes me suffer through watching him eat bang bang shrimp and ahi tuna <o, why, o why is the ahi tuna not gluten-free, bonefish??????!!!)

(ANNNND ONCE AGAIN:  it blows my mind that the freaking hospital cafeteria has NOTHING that is celiac safe.  o, wait, a banana..... wow, they have a salad bar <not eating it for fear of cc) 

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

thanx, mamaw - yes, he is in a lot of pain :(  but the medical care/team/nurses are extraordinary.  he made it through graft surgery today and it went well.  he is my father-in-law and he is 82 so i appreciate the blessings.  my neice is actually a ccu nurse (not in nc) and she is helping us to understand what he is going through (and when to panic/not to panic <huge, because it *looks* so bad it's hard not to panic!  and i know it hurts him so much... )  so that is a big help, also.

that is a nice menu collection - i love it when places have gluten-free menus - one of those has gluten-free ahi tuna salad!  woo hoo lolz - the rest of my meals will be snacks and sandwiches in the parking garage haha 

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

Join eNewsletter

Arlene  ,  that  is  hard  for  anyone let  alone an older  person.. I will pray  for him  &  you all as well......

The  place  that  had  breakfast  caught  my eye.....I hope  you will be able to dine out some  some  so you  both   can relax  a  little  which  I'm sure  is next  to impossible.....  hugs

Join eNewsletter

and, in the end, went to bonefish again hahaha - getting out of the hospital late and having to check in to the hotel (then i wanted to have a beer, mercy in heaven!) and the bonefish was not too far and stayed open till 11.  getting there around 9:30 it it not crowded and lolz making friends with the wait staff.  i had the chef talked into making me some soft shelled crabs WITHOUT the crabcake stuffing, but i chickened out at the last minute - next time, if it's still on the specials, i plomise...)  so, naked lobster tail it is, nice after eating turkey sammiches, chex, and almond butter & jellys the rest of the time.  

dad is through graft surgery and it was successful.  God is good.  he just has to heal and get to moving around.  he is a tough guy.  maybe my mother in law will finally get some sleep.  the hospital is HUGE and i have been around it like a rat in a maze, so now i help people who are lost lololz  :)  thanks for the hugs and all prayers appreciated!!

going back next weekend.  for the soft shell crab...  ;)  

arlene

gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative

Join eNewsletter

You go for that  crab!!!!   That  is  wonderful   that  improvement  is happening...He  must  be  a  tough  old  bird!  I do think the older  generation  are  VERY tough, they had to be....

You also  are  now  a road  warrior  traveling  back & forth... Welcome to that  club......

I agree God  is  Good.... well GREAT.....  hugs

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter