Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archer

Gluten free diet

Hi,  so I had a positive blood test for celiac but still haven't done the biopsy. I've been trying to eat gluten free and as far as I know I have been for about 2 weeks now. I want to know how long before I start to feel better.  I still feel awful everyday. Can anybody give me a time range?  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think it took about 6 months of my daughter eating gluten free before she felt better. She still has days that she does not feel well but there has been a vast improvement with her health and her grades.  I hope you feel better soon. 

10 hours ago, Archer said:

Hi,  so I had a positive blood test for celiac but still haven't done the biopsy. I've been trying to eat gluten free and as far as I know I have been for about 2 weeks now. I want to know how long before I start to feel better.  I still feel awful everyday. Can anybody give me a time range?  

Just remember that if you want to get a biopsy,  you need to continue to eat a regular gluten containing diet until it is done.

Hi Archer!  

Here is a link to celiac.com's newbie information which is helpful.  There are diet tips there too.   Avoiding cross contamination is critical.  Took me six weeks to feel a bit better.  Six months for anemia to resolve and a year to really feel good. Finally, it took two years to be back to to feeling really great.  But take that with a grain of salt.  Menopause.....that is another topic!  ?

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed