Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Brown_Coat_Andrew

Hi my name is Andrew and I've been an addict for...

Rate this topic

Hello I don't know exactly if my issues are directly in result to gluten sensitivity. My mother has found out about 5 years ago she is extremely sensitive to gluten. In other terms she bloats up to what looks like she's 9 months pregnant and she has diarrhea after consuming products with gluten.

So with that out of the way, I suffer from anxiety, depression, extreme hunger right after eating meals like I would eat lunch then be hungry an hour later, feeling tired after eating my meals (which for work I would eat mainly sandwiches). I'm forwarning you this is gross, my bowels before were explosive in the mornings and not liquid or solid form. After being away from gluten my bowels have been normal S shapes and not at all liquidated. I don't get hungry as often and I feel full after eating a meal. I have cheated twice now during the last three weeks and have not experienced a lot that would jump out as being "gluten sensitive!" 

I fear that I'm just a hypochondriac who thinks they have a problem in their body.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Get tested for sure! After for so many years having doctors treat me like everything was just in my head- it's such a relief to have an official diagnose. If I hadn't gotten tested- and went gluten free anyways, I would always wonder if it was just in my head and I'd be a lot more likely to cheat. 

You'd have to be eating gluten again though?

Join eNewsletter