Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

goldenweave

Daughter possibly Celiac???

Rate this topic

This past summer, my husband was hospitalized with severe abdominal pain. At first they were trying to diagnose as Chron's but a change in his diet has not helped. I began researching Celiac and believe he has Celiac instead. He goes to a different GI dr in March. Through my readings, I feel that our daughter may have it as well. She is 6 years old and has always had constipation issues. Miralax does not even touch her. She is very hyperactive, trouble focusing at school, has developmental delays, speech issues, anger, frustrastion, dark circles under her eyes, eczema, a peanut allergy, trouble sleeping. I truly feel like she is! I worry about the both of them all the time!!!! Has anyone else had any experience with this happening to both spouse and child? I intend on having her tested as soon as his is complete. Any help is appreciated!!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am sorry both your husband and little girl are ill.  The only way to know if they have celiac disease is to get tested:

http://www.roadid.com/?referrer=8929&gclid=CPSn7ef_gcsCFQ6naQodW20NWA

Please continue to eat gluten until all testing is complete!  Welcome to the forum!:)

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Those all sound like signs of celiac. My 7 year old daughter was just diagnosed with celiac. She had horrible constipation for several years along with the behavioral issues and eczema. Miralax never help and she had really bad leakage. We went to a GI doctor and had the blood test and biopsy done. They both came out positive. She's been on a gluten free diet for about 3 months now and I have seen improvement. It does run in the family so I wouldn't be surprised if they both have it. I have three other daughters and the doctor will not give them to the test unless they show signs.  I would talk to the GI doctor and have them both tested if they're showing signs. Good luck

Join eNewsletter

On 2/18/2016 at 2:32 PM, CAJ531 said:

Those all sound like signs of celiac. My 7 year old daughter was just diagnosed with celiac. She had horrible constipation for several years along with the behavioral issues and eczema. Miralax never help and she had really bad leakage. We went to a GI doctor and had the blood test and biopsy done. They both came out positive. She's been on a gluten free diet for about 3 months now and I have seen improvement. It does run in the family so I wouldn't be surprised if they both have it. I have three other daughters and the doctor will not give them to the test unless they show signs.  I would talk to the GI doctor and have them both tested if they're showing signs. Good luck

are you in the US?  because testing 1' relatives is pretty standard here.

Join eNewsletter

On 2/18/2016 at 11:32 AM, CAJ531 said:

I have three other daughters and the doctor will not give them to the test unless they show signs. 

This absolutely blows me away.  Some people are diagnosed with celiac who show no outward signs. I suggest looking into getting another doctor.  

Join eNewsletter