Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Peacenik

San Francisco Restaurants

Rate this topic

Hello all! My family is vacationing in the Union Square area of San Francisco and I am looking for restaurant recommendations. I'm extremely sensitive, and usually don't eat out, but it would be so nice if there was a safe place. My kids really want to eat in Chinatown too, if anyone knows a good place. Thanks! 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

E&O Restaurant and Bar on the edge of Chinatown and Union Square is a great Asian place with lots of gluten-free options. My husband and I have eaten there multiple times, and have always been pleased with our meals. The staff is fantastic!

There are many other places in the area that can accommodate gluten-free diners, but i think E&O really stands out.

Join eNewsletter

I had lunch at Nopalito on 9th by Golden Gate park yesterday and they were very helpful and knowledgeable. I had a yummy chicken soup with avocado, corn tortillas, cauliflower, and chipotle pepper. There were also a few other items on the menu that were gluten free. They were upfront about the items I should not have- including letting me know the chips were cooked in the same fryer as flour items. I really appreciate when they know and tell you that sort of thing.
It's the first time I've eaten out since I was diagnosed 6 months ago and didn't feel bad the next day. I will definitely go back. That soup was really good :) http://www.nopalitosf.com/

Join eNewsletter