This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

People Do Care!

darlindeb25

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Last week, Kal, the doctor I work for, asked me what do I get to eat for Thanksgiving. He says, "Can you have pumpkin pie?" I told him that we can but that I have to make it myself, I cant have regular pie crust and that yes, we can have most turkeys, and yes, mashed potatoes and on and on. Well, come to find out, they buy all of us pies for Thanksgiving dinner and he was trying to figure out what to get for me. He hadnt been through this with me cause I started working there on Jan 3rd last year. Anyways, they bought me a turkey breast and right under the ingreds it states--gluten free. His wife Stacey was so proud of herself for finding it. There are good people out there, just give them the chance. This was so nice of them to do something extra for me. Deb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

What a nice boss! Happy Thanksgiving :)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

That was so nice of them....really shows that they care :)

Guest nini

awww that is so nice! So glad to see that people do really care!

tarnalberry Community Regular

That's fabulous! Thanks to them! :-)

jenvan Collaborator

that's wonderful!

Guest BERNESES

That's so nice! I've had a few nice things happen to me lately. My mother-in-law, who has taken a serious interest in my diet, gave me the Gourmet magazine with the gluten free recipes in it along with all the necessary flours/ingredients for my birthday.

Then yesterday, a student in my freshman English class gave me a copy of the same recipes. She said she had seen them and thought of me.

Two weeks ago, i was talking to a professor I have had for a series of classes while all this has been going on and I told her that I thought my last memo was not that great because I had been glutened. She told me that she couldn't believe the progress I had made in a year. She said last year that I had to ask for an extension on every project and this year I had asked for none. Also, last year, I missed about 25% of the classes and this year, I had only missed one. I walked away amazed because much of the time I feel like I'm not making much progress. Sometimes you lose sight of the big picture in the day to day!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Viola

Way to go ... Nice bosses! Progress is being made all over. :D

debmidge Rising Star

That's a great thing for your boss & his wife to do. It really shows that they care and listen. The first year my husband was diagnosed with celiac disease (not me) my immediate team leader knew the diagnosis; it was October 2003 and that christmas she gave me a gift box containing (wheat) cookie mixes with cookie cutters. I appreciated the thought, but again, she sits right next to me and doesn't listen, unless the conversation is about how wonderful she is, etc.

Archived