Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
MelissaNZ

Daughters gene test

Rate this topic

Hi just got my daughters gene test results back from the nurse but not sure what it means. She said 1 part of the HLA tested positive (I'm not sure which part - will request a copy of the results tomorrow). Her other readings are below. Dr is going to refer to pediatrics to see if she should get a biopsy. So does this pretty much mean she has it? Thanks for your help

ttg IgA ab: 15.4 u/ml (<15.0) HH
Deaminated gliadin Peptide IgG: 17.2 u/ml (<15.0) HH
IgA: 0.7 g/L (0.4 - 2.2)
Endomysial antibodies: positive A

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

9 hours ago, MelissaNZ said:
Hi just got my daughters gene test results back from the nurse but not sure what it means. She said 1 part of the HLA tested positive (I'm not sure which part - will request a copy of the results tomorrow). Her other readings are below. Dr is going to refer to pediatrics to see if she should get a biopsy. So does this pretty much mean she has it? Thanks for your help

ttg IgA ab: 15.4 u/ml (<15.0) HH
Deaminated gliadin Peptide IgG: 17.2 u/ml (<15.0) HH
IgA: 0.7 g/L (0.4 - 2.2)
Endomysial antibodies: positive A

A biopsy will confirm a celiac disease diagnosis.  The genetic test will help rule out celiac disease.  It can not diagnose it.  That is because some 30% of the population carries the genes needed to develop celiac disease, but only 1% actually go on to develop it.  

Her test results look look positive to me, but I am a STRANGER without a medical degree.  The facts I stated in my first paragraph can be googled for accuracy though.  

I hope she feels better soon!  Keep her on gluten until all testing is complete.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed