Rate this topic

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me, I had blood work done but for the life of my I cannot understand the results:

Deamidated Gliadin peptide Ab IgG = <^0.5   (Units U/mL)

“Reference” is <12.00

----Note on Test: IgG antibody to deamidated gliadin has approximately 85% sensitivity and 95% specificity for celiac disease. Deamidated gliadin IgG has particular utility in the detection of celiac disease in children younger than 2 years old and

those with IgA deficiency. Tested by a multiplex flow immunoassay (BioPlex) method.

Tissue Transglutaminase Ab IgA = <^0.5 (Units U/mL)

“Reference” is <12.00

-----Note on Test: IgA antibody to tissue transglutaminase has approximately 95% sensitivity and specificity for celiac disease. False negative results may occur with a gluten-restricted diet or IgA deficiency. The BioPlex method includes an internal control to confirm IgA is sufficent, thus avoiding false negatives due to IgA deficiency. Tested by a multiplex flow immunoassay (BioPlex) method

Thank you so much for any help at all!

Edited by Jackieee85

Jackie, we need a little more information please. Were those the only 2 tests done on you?

The 2 tests you posted are negative but that is not the full celiac panel. 

On 10/13/2016 at 6:24 PM, squirmingitch said:

Jackie, we need a little more information please. Were those the only 2 tests done on you?

The 2 tests you posted are negative but that is not the full celiac panel. 

Yes, they told me these were the only tests.

Which ones should I need above these? They consider this the " Celiac Disease Testing " where i got the tests done. 

Any help would be great, my doctor is not very helpful. 

This is the full, current celiac serum panel:

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA
Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG
Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA
Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA
Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG
Total Serum IgA 

Also can be termed this way:

Endomysial Antibody IgA
Tissue Transglutaminase IgA 
GLIADIN IgG
GLIADIN IgA