Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
2 2
hersheygirl9

Celiac rash? What does it look like?

Rate this topic

Hi, I was wondering if someone could describe to me what the DH rash looks like? 

I've noticed a slight rash on my upper arms but they just look like slight raised bumps and some of them look like acne/pimple rashes with the little pimple discharges inside. Not sure if this is what DH is supposed to look like. My upper arms are a little itchy but it's nothing bright red or anything. Honestly, I had to look to see the raised bumps and feel the acne/pimple rash. 

Any advice or tips would be great!

DH has been described as the rash from Hell as the itching is relentless.  Celiac disease can cause different rashes, but not as severe.  Sounds like (but I can not diagnose you over the internet and I am not a doctor) Keratosis Pilaris.  Very common.  Not to worry.  

https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/bumps-and-growths/keratosis-pilaris

As I told my own kid this morning (who was reading a newly arrived National Geographic) -- hit the books!  ?

16 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

DH has been described as the rash from Hell as the itching is relentless.  Celiac disease can cause different rashes, but not as severe.  Sounds like (but I can not diagnose you over the internet and I am not a doctor) Keratosis Pilaris.  Very common.  Not to worry.  

https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/bumps-and-growths/keratosis-pilaris

As I told my own kid this morning (who was reading a newly arrived National Geographic) -- hit the books!  ?

I looked up images and what I have on my arms looks very similar to it! Thank you!

Until this year I got bumps on my upper arms. They went away when I switched from Aveeno daily moisturizer to Jergens unscented. Cleared up in one month. Had nothing to do with gluten.

Aveeno is made with oatmeal,  oatmeal can contain gluten because of processing.