Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×

Rate this topic

I'm new in forum and you people my only hope. First i ask to be excuse for my English but i hope you or some of you will understand my question. My road with gluten is long but the main problem is that in my country is not well understood and hard to get tested. I always thought that i have gluten issue and my problems looked like this: diharea very common almost every day bloating nausea ITC... My first test step was antigliadin antibodyes and results were 

Antigliadin igg 4 an normal was <6

Antigliadin IGA 5.5 normal <5 so borderline (but i was gluten-free for3 mounts before the test)

Than ige for wheat allergy weak positive

I did genetic test with results

DQ 5 and DQ7 

Can someone please tell me does it ruleout celiac definitely

Sorry for long post and i hope to find answers

4 hours ago, Vesnamil said:

I'm new in forum and you people my only hope. First i ask to be excuse for my English but i hope you or some of you will understand my question. My road with gluten is long but the main problem is that in my country is not well understood and hard to get tested. I always thought that i have gluten issue and my problems looked like this: diharea very common almost every day bloating nausea ITC... My first test step was antigliadin antibodyes and results were 

Antigliadin igg 4 an normal was <6

Antigliadin IGA 5.5 normal <5 so borderline (but i was gluten-free for3 mounts before the test)

Than ige for wheat allergy weak positive

I did genetic test with results

DQ 5 and DQ7 

Can someone please tell me does it ruleout celiac definitely

Sorry for long post and i hope to find answers

Welcome to the forum.  The tests that you were given might be the older tests no longer in use (rarely) in the US.  Were you on a gluten diet at the time of testing?  Here are the current celiac tests.  Note you should make sure that an IgA deficiency test is also run as it will insure the celiac tests (IgA versions are accurate):

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/

This article interviewed a doctor who is/was head of University of San Diego Celiac Center.  She is now the head of the USA gastroenterologist's association.  You do not appear to have the most common celiac genes, but more are being identified.  The problem is you can have the genes, but they might never develop into celiac disease.  

https://consults.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/13/genetic-testing-for-celiac-disease/

And this about the DQ7:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4488825/