Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
2 2
ShelleyAnn

High IgA-TTG and normal IgA immunoglobulin

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I have received my lab results but haven't been able to speak to my doctor. My TTG was positive (29 eu/ml).   From what I'm reading, that is a strong indicator for celiac disease -- but I'm surprised my other result was normal. Any insights?

Thanks!!

It only takes o e positive to move forward in the diagnostic process.  Keep eaten gluten.  The next step is usually a GI referral to obtain biopsies via endoscopy.  An elevated TTG can be due to other autoimmune issues.  Not sure of your lab ranges, so not sure if your positive was REALLY elevated or not.  What was the other test?  

• Upvote 1

IGA is used to verify that TTG IGA results are valid. So a high TTG IGA means you should have an endoscopy done by a gastroenterologist  to verify if you have celiac.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

It only takes o e positive to move forward in the diagnostic process.  Keep eaten gluten.  The next step is usually a GI referral to obtain biopsies via endoscopy.  An elevated TTG can be due to other autoimmune issues.  Not sure of your lab ranges, so not sure if your positive was REALLY elevated or not.  What was the other test?  

4 hours ago, tessa25 said:

IGA is used to verify that TTG IGA results are valid. So a high TTG IGA means you should have an endoscopy done by a gastroenterologist  to verify if you have celiac.

Thanks for the feedback.