Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkmunchkin

Was Glutenated Yesterday And Now I'm Scared To Eat.

Something I ate for lunch must have had some cross contamination. The only thing I can think of is I had some roasted potatoes that had fried onions. I'm thinking the onions might have been thrown into a fryer to cook them quickly.

I feel better today - still a tad bit jittery and my stomach is a little tender but now I'm terrified to eat. I'm hungry and should have brought my own food to work today : (

I don't know what to do for lunch....

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Something I ate for lunch must have had some cross contamination. The only thing I can think of is I had some roasted potatoes that had fried onions. I'm thinking the onions might have been thrown into a fryer to cook them quickly.

I feel better today - still a tad bit jittery and my stomach is a little tender but now I'm terrified to eat. I'm hungry and should have brought my own food to work today : (

I don't know what to do for lunch....

How about a deli and have them make a huge salad for you? Then give you oil and vinager? Or maybe there is a Chipotle around you and have them make you a rice bowl......maybe?

Or if you're scared of more cross contamination, how about just getting plain nuts and some fruit at a deli....a banana or apple so you know they are pretty safe......I know it's not that filling, but the nuts might help.....

Danielle (Dani)

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease by Dr. Green (gene HLA DQ8) 1/05/06

Diagnosed: Gluten Sensitive through enterolab 11/17/05

Diagnosed: Casein Sensitive through enterolab 3/7/06

Diagnosed: Interstitial Cystitis (IC) 07/26/06

I finally put my picture on because it doesn't look like I'll be eating ANY cake on my Wedding day..........I'm the one in the middle.

Intolerant to: (besides gluten)

Casein

Peanuts (can handle very small amounts)

Any kind of additives or preservatives

I know that feeling well--its hard sometimes to get to the culprit! I hope you continue to feel better. I find that after being glutened, it helps if I eat something (safe and familiar in a small amount!). I don't know why, but if my stomach is empty, it's worse. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Ok to I decided on some mashed potatoes from Wild Oats (where all the ingredients are safely labeled) and a bag of Terra Chips. THere is a Chipotle a block from my NY office but unfortunately I had to come to my CT office today where it's not as easy.

Thanks guys. I just needed a tad bit of comfort, and knew you'd all been there.

I've had the potatoes in our cafeteria a bunch of times but these must have been a little different. I guess I got to comfortable thinking the potatoes where safe. I know it wasn't the omlette because all of the different ingredients they can add are fine and they make it right infront of you in an individual pan.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne