Jump to content
  • Sign Up
LilyR

Looking for a diet...

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Yep https://www.thespicehouse.com/tomato-powder
 

I feel you on the after a glutening and the stomach being "oh that is fine" then next day "OH WTF IS THAT" And cravings hit like crazy as your deficient in various things so you get mad cravings. I still can not handle meat...I tried a bit of turkey bacon seemed alright then tried a hamburger patty I was cooking for a catering event...and NOPE. Great flavor though lol, And yeas Gluten free I tested it even. I am sticking ot Jarrow Bone Broth powder for my Beef flavor .... next week going to tempt their Spicy Beef Ramen flavored bone broth in a soup.
I use stuff like stevia, and monk fruit often for sweeteners, and use Swerve in baking and pure erythirtol in some other things....and yeah too much will really mess with your if your not use to them lol

Snack wise look up MyGerbs.com I used their seeds...for now blended into paste for ease of digestion lol. I also use Protes Chips in place of corn chips. I got a monthly sub to them and get a custom 5 pack every month at a set 20% retail.

I love my vegan cheese, been putting kite hill ricotta in eggs and even made some grain free sugar free lemon scones with it. OH in the eggs...season with Italian herbs, whip in some of that ricotta before cooking then dust with tomato powder....reminds me of raviolis. I am thinking tomorrow going to put bone broth and some vegan cheddar in my omelette and put some mustard and ketchup lightly on it....National hot dog day lol. Maybe a hint of dill weed for a relish take.

Those things in that ...are thickeners most, that is why the nut based milk is not waterish. Malk is the only one I have ever found pure enough not to use thickeners and stabilizers.

 

So that Silk coconut milk is probably okay on an elimination diet?  I guess I can always try it one morning in coffee and see how I feel. 

Spicy beef ramen broth sounds so good.  I bookmarked the Jarrow website, but then saw the price was like $30 for that ramen broth, so that's not going to happen.  I used the store locator for Protes, and it showed two stores in my area,but one has been out of business for like 2 years and the other store it mentioned, I looked there already for them, but did not find them there. So I am not sure how up to date their store locator is.  It is frustrating that so many healthy foods or foods for people with allergy issues costs. I understand it, but it stinks.  I have not seen the vegan cheeses in the grocery store, but I am guessing those too are not inexpensive.  I might just have to be very limited for a while until I can (hopefully) add some foods back in, in the future.  I hope dairy, because I love ricotta too.  I was going to make gluten-free manicotti right before I got glutened.  I had already gotten all the ingredients.  They don't expire for a while, but we'll see if I ever get around to being able to use them before then.  Otherwise my family will get them while I sit in self pity eating eggs or something while they eat the manicotti, lol! But I am going to try and get a few of the more inexpensive safe spices to at least add some flavor to eggs and chicken and veggie soups.  I saw some on the Spice House site that seem to be okay prices.  I just wish more of these items were in stores to avoid shipping costs.  I can't go and spend $50 of spices right now to get free shipping.  But to get at least one or two spices right now will be great.  And there is one store in town I have not checked out yet, I think they sell some health foods and so might have a gluten free or allergy free section maybe.  Hope to check it out soon. I just haven't felt well enough to go browsing there yet.  Between my issues, and caring for my elderly mother who keeps going in and out of the hospital, I'm drained.  I am sure the stress of that is not helping my tummy any either.  

I forgot about salmon though, so hope to find some fresh dill at the store to make some of those and freeze a bunch.  I used to use dried dill,but not sure it was a safe company, so might as well go for fresh herbs for now. 

I hope you feel better soon after the gluten issue. It's awful when we know we just have to wait it out. And then have to limit our already limited diets even more so until healed from the glutening. "The Glutening" - it's like a horror story for us! 

I had grapes yesterday and a Lara bar, and my stomach got a little of that tight feeling and some bloat.  Not horrible,but enough to let me know one or both of those items must bother me.  I had been eating a few grapes daily, and my stomach got that tight and bloat more and more, worse each day, so maybe that is it. Not sure why grapes would do that though, but who knows.  I know nothing anymore.  Nothing makes sense to me. Trial and error, I guess. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LilyR said:

So that Silk coconut milk is probably okay on an elimination diet?  I guess I can always try it one morning in coffee and see how I feel. 

Spicy beef ramen broth sounds so good.  I bookmarked the Jarrow website, but then saw the price was like $30 for that ramen broth, so that's not going to happen.  I used the store locator for Protes, and it showed two stores in my area,but one has been out of business for like 2 years and the other store it mentioned, I looked there already for them, but did not find them there. So I am not sure how up to date their store locator is.  It is frustrating that so many healthy foods or foods for people with allergy issues costs. I understand it, but it stinks.  I have not seen the vegan cheeses in the grocery store, but I am guessing those too are not inexpensive.  I might just have to be very limited for a while until I can (hopefully) add some foods back in, in the future.  I hope dairy, because I love ricotta too.  I was going to make gluten-free manicotti right before I got glutened.  I had already gotten all the ingredients.  They don't expire for a while, but we'll see if I ever get around to being able to use them before then.  Otherwise my family will get them while I sit in self pity eating eggs or something while they eat the manicotti, lol! But I am going to try and get a few of the more inexpensive safe spices to at least add some flavor to eggs and chicken and veggie soups.  I saw some on the Spice House site that seem to be okay prices.  I just wish more of these items were in stores to avoid shipping costs.  I can't go and spend $50 of spices right now to get free shipping.  But to get at least one or two spices right now will be great.  And there is one store in town I have not checked out yet, I think they sell some health foods and so might have a gluten free or allergy free section maybe.  Hope to check it out soon. I just haven't felt well enough to go browsing there yet.  Between my issues, and caring for my elderly mother who keeps going in and out of the hospital, I'm drained.  I am sure the stress of that is not helping my tummy any either.  

I forgot about salmon though, so hope to find some fresh dill at the store to make some of those and freeze a bunch.  I used to use dried dill,but not sure it was a safe company, so might as well go for fresh herbs for now. 

I hope you feel better soon after the gluten issue. It's awful when we know we just have to wait it out. And then have to limit our already limited diets even more so until healed from the glutening. "The Glutening" - it's like a horror story for us! 

I had grapes yesterday and a Lara bar, and my stomach got a little of that tight feeling and some bloat.  Not horrible,but enough to let me know one or both of those items must bother me.  I had been eating a few grapes daily, and my stomach got that tight and bloat more and more, worse each day, so maybe that is it. Not sure why grapes would do that though, but who knows.  I know nothing anymore.  Nothing makes sense to me. Trial and error, I guess. 

 

Yeah grapes are high in sugar...I miss freezing, adding a bit of almond milk and blending into sherbet, the cotton candy grapes...god I miss them.

Jarrow bone broth....3 places, Whole foods randomly has them on sale, $15 each, they are in the supplement section. Thrive Market (I got codes for 25% off first order but requires you to sign up for a subscription, If your low income or disability they give you a free subscription if you apply) has them $16-18 same with lucky vitamin. I wait for sales on everything....if you need some help I can get discount codes for each via my contacts. And right now vitacost has a 20% off all food just started today, and the jarrow which is a supplement has 10% off codes available and the plain beef is on sale for $15 (+10% more) https://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?N=0&ss=1&Ntt=jarrow bone broth

Protes...order from them directly, again I know and talk to the owner at least once a month. I think I can get you my price I pay $21 for 5 bags and that includes shipping.

I get my dill from Spicely Organics, soak it in a bit of liquid over night to infuse the flavor but fresh is always better...and face it mincing up those fine herbs and cooking with makes you feel like Ramsey. That salmon cake recipe I modified....that's pretty good, and they can freeze for months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Yeah grapes are high in sugar...I miss freezing, adding a bit of almond milk and blending into sherbet, the cotton candy grapes...god I miss them.

Jarrow bone broth....3 places, Whole foods randomly has them on sale, $15 each, they are in the supplement section. Thrive Market (I got codes for 25% off first order but requires you to sign up for a subscription, If your low income or disability they give you a free subscription if you apply) has them $16-18 same with lucky vitamin. I wait for sales on everything....if you need some help I can get discount codes for each via my contacts. And right now vitacost has a 20% off all food just started today, and the jarrow which is a supplement has 10% off codes available and the plain beef is on sale for $15 (+10% more) https://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?N=0&ss=1&Ntt=jarrow bone broth

Protes...order from them directly, again I know and talk to the owner at least once a month. I think I can get you my price I pay $21 for 5 bags and that includes shipping.

I get my dill from Spicely Organics, soak it in a bit of liquid over night to infuse the flavor but fresh is always better...and face it mincing up those fine herbs and cooking with makes you feel like Ramsey. That salmon cake recipe I modified....that's pretty good, and they can freeze for months.

So maybe it was the grape?  I never would have guessed.  I also remembered my mother bought me a pack of baked goods from some Paleo bakery online place.  I put them in the freezer, but not sure if they would be okay on an elimination diet.  I just am wondering if nuts bother me or not. When I got the paleo baked items I had a donut and seemed bloated.  But then again, what doesn't bloat me these days. But I wondered about the almond meal stuff.  I used to put some ground almond stuff in the salmon patties and just a little coconut flour, and those bloated me a bit. I just sort of went in to denial. But this time when I make them I'm just adding a little egg to stick them together and if I can find some fresh dill. And sprinkle with fresh lemon. There is a cheap canned salmon that has no citric acid or anything in it. Just plain salmon. (Unlike tuna, which I can't seem to find any without citric acid or something in it. Which is a bummer because I had some on an avocado with some balsamic vinegar a month ago and it was tasty.)

Thanks for the info on sales and discounts.  I am not sure I could even do $15 for the Jarrow right now.  It seemed to be a small jar, but does a little go a long way?  But I'll keep it all in mind if hopefully at some point I can spend a little more. We don't have a Whole Foods anywhere nearby. Are the Protes bags the little snack size bags, or a full size, bigger bag? If they are snack size and basically one serving per bag, I probably should not spend that much on them either right now. I was hoping the store they said in town had them, because then maybe once in a blue moon I could go splurge on just one bag once in a great while.  If I get to where I can spend a little more, that would be great if you could help with discount or sale codes and such.  Right now, things just got tighter than they had been, so trying not to stress over that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 1:05 PM, LilyR said:

So maybe it was the grape?  I never would have guessed.  I also remembered my mother bought me a pack of baked goods from some Paleo bakery online place.  I put them in the freezer, but not sure if they would be okay on an elimination diet.  I just am wondering if nuts bother me or not. When I got the paleo baked items I had a donut and seemed bloated.  But then again, what doesn't bloat me these days. But I wondered about the almond meal stuff.  I used to put some ground almond stuff in the salmon patties and just a little coconut flour, and those bloated me a bit. I just sort of went in to denial. But this time when I make them I'm just adding a little egg to stick them together and if I can find some fresh dill. And sprinkle with fresh lemon. There is a cheap canned salmon that has no citric acid or anything in it. Just plain salmon. (Unlike tuna, which I can't seem to find any without citric acid or something in it. Which is a bummer because I had some on an avocado with some balsamic vinegar a month ago and it was tasty.)

Thanks for the info on sales and discounts.  I am not sure I could even do $15 for the Jarrow right now.  It seemed to be a small jar, but does a little go a long way?  But I'll keep it all in mind if hopefully at some point I can spend a little more. We don't have a Whole Foods anywhere nearby. Are the Protes bags the little snack size bags, or a full size, bigger bag? If they are snack size and basically one serving per bag, I probably should not spend that much on them either right now. I was hoping the store they said in town had them, because then maybe once in a blue moon I could go splurge on just one bag once in a great while.  If I get to where I can spend a little more, that would be great if you could help with discount or sale codes and such.  Right now, things just got tighter than they had been, so trying not to stress over that.  

The protes bags I get are full size about 4 servings a bag.
I found some Tuna that was safe at my local store just Tuna and water, and found some online that is just tuna and water.

You know, give me til the end of the month, going to shop sales, ask about stuff, and see if I can get you a care package of things to try, and I would only ask you cover shipping. Perhaps put some bags of protes in it, jarrow bone broth, safe tuna, curry paste, low carb noodles, Crio Brum, etc. In it so you can have a bag of goodies to sample.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...