Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
1 1
Rai

My test result.. can anyone guide me.. I am ceilac or not??

Rate this topic

Last week I got my ceilac penal results Although in my biopsy doctor confirm me as ceilac patient I am on gluten free diet since 3 month. Still some problems are there..  endomysial anti body IGA  negative..  tissue transglutmanise Ab ,iga 5 u/ml. Immune globulin A is 213 . Thanks and any good vitamins.

You are positive for celiac disease as your level og total serum IGA is high. You should read about cross contamination and any vitamins that are gluten free and Ensure is also a good option for vitamins.  

12 minutes ago, PK-432 said:

You are positive for celiac disease as your level og total serum IGA is high. You should read about cross contamination and any vitamins that are gluten free and Ensure is also a good option for vitamins.  

I dont under stand - having a good serum IGA only means you can make what is looked at on an IGA based test.  And a 213 is usually in the normal range ( some labs might have a bit different range than others).

I am not sure there is a problem with your Celiac results.  They sound negative or maybe a tiny bit elevated ( not sure of the lab’s normal levels on the the one that is “5”.  Sounds like you are doing a good job on the gluten-free diet.

Edited by kareng

were you gluten free when the blood work was done?

Hi. I just got my blood test results back and the doctor said it was negative for Celiac. I know if a person has an IgA deficiency it could be a false negative. How do I know if the total IgA was measured? These are the only 3 things that were measured. The first 2 seem extremely low, but I'm guessing that's a good thing, right?

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE AB IGG <0.8 (Normal Range <15)

anti-tissue transglutaminase IgA <0.5 U/mL (Normal Range <15)

IMMUNOGLOBULIN A 100 (Normal Range 70-400)