This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Red Bumbs On Upper Arm

carriecraig

carriecraig Enthusiast

I know I read somewhere on this board about people who have little red bumbs on their upper arm, and it is also common the the upper legs and buttocks. My husband has this, and I'd like to do some research on it. Can someone tell me the name? Also, is there anything he can do to get rid of them?

Thanks so much!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

I don't know what they are called, but I had them all over my upper arms and thighs... they completely went away once I went gluten free.

does he have Celiac or DH?

carriecraig Enthusiast

Hi Nini,

As far as I know, he doesn't have either condition. His mother had the same pumps, but they have gone away with age.

Guest nini

hmmm... all I know is that mine went away when I went gluten free. The only other thing I could think of would be heat rash from clothes? Just a thought?

taneil Apprentice

I have a friend that worked in an allergists doctors hospital for a short time and also had allergy treatments. She told me those bumps show that a person is having an allergic reacation to something. It could be a normal allergy like breathing in pollen or it could be from gluten type reactions. I had the bumps also but since going gluten-free I don't have them anymore.

traveljunkie Rookie

I get red bumps, after I eat gluten or dairy. They have gone away since going gluten free.

Charlene

jenvan Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

Ck this out--sounds like this to me. If it is--these bumps are common in people and has to do with pores clogging and needing exfoliation. The best way to get rid of them I have found is the lactic acid lotion. Your drug store should have it, but it may be behind the pharmacy counter. Amlactain is a brand I've used in the past--gets rid of those bumps within a few weeks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

achiera Rookie

hi, its called keratosis pilaris, and i have it also. i started a thread not long ago about the same thing, it seems that it definitly goes away with a gluten free diet.for the past 8 months i have been eating gluten to do more blood tests and it has gotten much worse and spread all over, but im gluten free since monday and i hope to see it goes away soon and quickly!

alexis

jenvan Collaborator

yeah, i didn't state the name in my post--but the link and info i wrote was on keratosis pilaris...

Susan123 Rookie

I used Vaseline Firming and Radiance age defying lotion and it helped with them. They say to use an lotion with Urea in it. It helped me. Also mine went away after gluten-free but it was also the time I started using Dial Antibacterial soap- white bar. I have very sensitive skin. I used to not use lotion on my arms thinking I was clogging them up but they are really dry skin clogged up so lotion helps. I would put it on in the morning after my shower.

StrongerToday Enthusiast

I think there was something in Oprah magazine this past issue about it.... exfoliation and deep lotion helped to clear it up.

Archived