Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Rate this topic

Hi, first of all I’d like to say thank you for all the information that’s provided. 

Im a 19 year old boy and recently i’ve had some trouble with my bladder, i had the constant urge to urinate even though i couldn’t , it felt like there was nothing left to urinate.I also had constant diarrhoea, I assumed this was probably due to drinking beer and celebrations (i finished my first year of college and celebrated my birthday) so obviously the foods and drinks i would’ve had wouldn’t have been ideal. but recently yeah the urge to urinate started to get very irritating and i started taking Biseptol, my mum immiedietly put me onto a gluten free diet , saying she’s nearly 100% sure i’m a celiac... and to be honest i’m rly just scared, i don’t know what to do or how to go about myself. I know i don’t really have a specific question in mind, but i would appreciate it if you could tell me what course of action i should take from here. 

Thank you. 

Regards, Michal

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The only way to know for sure whether you have celiac disease would be to get a blood test for it. In order to do an accurate blood test you need to be eating gluten daily for several weeks before any tests are done. More info on the blood tests:

It’s possible the symptoms you described could be related to celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, but they are not typical symptoms and could be related to other things as well. It’s best to get tested unless you want to be on a gluten-free diet for the rest of your life and not really be sure about it.

be sure to discuss this with your doctor.

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Join eNewsletter