This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chicken Broth

elfkin

cavernio Enthusiast

Aurora bouillon cubes seem to all be gluten free. You can search all Aurora's products at their website and even though they don't list all ingredients, they do say if the product is gluten free.

• 3 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

faithforlife Apprentice

Mazola has a chicken boullion. I called them and was told its gluten-free.

faithforlife Apprentice

I called Knorr and they said they are NOT gluten-free.

• 3 months later...
quincy Contributor

I just got off the phone with swanson. Their chicken and vegetable broth is gluten-free. BUT The ORGANIC Chicken broth is not listed as gluten-free. The beef I done know about, because I don't use much and didn't ask. Hope this helps.

the link to swanson's list of gluten free items OMITS their canned beef broth!! I just got violently ill from eating lentil soup made with it, though my pocket guide from Columbia Med Ctr lists swanson's broth as gluten-free.

here is the link to the website:

Open Original Shared Link

Lisa Mentor

the link to swanson's list of gluten free items OMITS their canned beef broth!! I just got violently ill from eating lentil soup made with it, though my pocket guide from Columbia Med Ctr lists swanson's broth as gluten-free.

here is the link to the website:

Open Original Shared Link

Please note that you are responding to a post over two years old. Sometimes, well....always, it's best to rely on reading labels, rather than lists that may be out of date or product change.

Campbell US and Campbell Canada have two very distinctive gluten free listings. But they will always list gluten if present in their ingredients.

psawyer Proficient

Let me add that "not gluten-free" does not mean "contains gluten." It means that they don't test for unintended content, and need a legal defense in case one of their suppliers has a problem. In the US, if anything bad happens to you, it is ALWAYS someone else's fault, and several lawyers will offer to pursue your case for a percentage of the judgment.

quincy Contributor

Please note that you are responding to a post over two years old. Sometimes, well....always, it's best to reply on reading labels, rather than lists that may be out of date or product change.

Campbell US and Campbell Canada have two very distinctive gluten free listings. But they will always list gluten if present in their ingredients.

yes i am aware this an old thread. I always read labels, however, there is nothing on their beef broth label that would indicate it was not gluten-free. Their web site has both us and canada product lists and this

link I provided is from the US dated Feb 2012.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

yes i am aware this an old thread. I always read labels, however, there is nothing on their beef broth label that would indicate it was not gluten-free. Their web site has both us and canada product lists and this

link I provided is from the US dated Feb 2012.

I apologize, as we have new members post all the time on six year old posts.

Swanson is pretty good about listing.

quincy Contributor

I apologize, as we have new members post all the time on six year old posts.

Swanson is pretty good about listing.

no need to apologize I was not offended. I just saw this listed and thought I could get others to respond if anyone had a bad experience with the beef broth. again, it is not listed on their site as being gluten free, so there must be an offending ingredient that I will have to investigate with them.

if any readers out there have had a similar experience please respond. thanks.

Archived