Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):


Join eNewsletter


Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):



Join eNewsletter
8 8
DJFL77I

advise me on breakfast ?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

can anyone recommend a good easy healthy breakfast to make..  I've been only eating eggs and bananas for breakfast which i guess is not so good...

I dont care if i only eat the same thing every morning as long as i know what to make and dont have to think about it before going out 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):


I suggest you some slices of gluten-free bread with some jam or Nutella on it : it's simply delicious ! 😍😋 just hope you like sweet food as breakfast 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJFL77I said:

Nutella is gluten free?

Yes ;) my best friend is celiac from her own birth (can I say this ? Lol) and she always ate Nutella without problems :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eat dinner.  Who says you can not have tacos or burger for breakfast?

4 hours ago, Neytiri said:

I suggest you some slices of gluten-free bread with some jam or Nutella on it : it's simply delicious ! 😍😋 just hope you like sweet food as breakfast 😅

This is how diabetes starts.  😆


Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Neytiri said:

Yes ;) my best friend is celiac from her own birth (can I say this ? Lol) and she always ate Nutella without problems :D

Since her birth, sorry, my bad 😅😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

Eat dinner.  Who says you can not have tacos or burger for breakfast?

This is how diabetes starts.  😆

But it's so delicioussss 😅😂😢

🤔 however, how it's like having dinner for breakfast ? I've never tried it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it contains artificial vanilla

Synthetic vanillin is simply a cheap and unhealthy alternative for real vanilla extract. ... Unfortunately, there is no nutrient, vitamin, mineral, or other health benefits in synthetic vanillin and studies show that consuming synthetic vanillin may trigger allergic reactions, digestive disorders, and migraine headaches

Imitation vanilla, however, is made from synthetic vanillin, which is the compound that naturally occurs in vanilla beans and gives it that distinctive flavor. This synthetic vanillin can come from the previously mentioned wood pulp waste (though that's recently fallen out of favor) or coal tar, cow poop, secretions from a beaver's castor glands (located conveniently near its anus), clove oil, pine bark, or fermented bran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DJFL77I said:

it contains artificial vanilla

Synthetic vanillin is simply a cheap and unhealthy alternative for real vanilla extract. ... Unfortunately, there is no nutrient, vitamin, mineral, or other health benefits in synthetic vanillin and studies show that consuming synthetic vanillin may trigger allergic reactions, digestive disorders, and migraine headaches

Imitation vanilla, however, is made from synthetic vanillin, which is the compound that naturally occurs in vanilla beans and gives it that distinctive flavor. This synthetic vanillin can come from the previously mentioned wood pulp waste (though that's recently fallen out of favor) or coal tar, cow poop, secretions from a beaver's castor glands (located conveniently near its anus), clove oil, pine bark, or fermented bran. 

Oh...my...God...I didn't know that and it's simply disgusting ! 😓😱 I think my love for Nutella just died 😔😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 3:28 AM, VeronicaTheCeliac said:

Smoothies, eggs, overnight gluten free oats, yogurt and berries & granola. Theses are some of my go to breakfasts. I definitely need more options as well 

Dear Veronica,

May I suggest you some gluten-free, homemade pancakes with marple syrup and fruit ? I recall having cooked that sometimes and marple syrup and some slices of banana helped a lot with the savour 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

smoothie bowl: endless combinations , but my current fave is: blended mango topped with sliced banana, strawberry, coconut flakes, chia seeds, and gluten-free granola...yummy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

granola = oats..  stay from the oats..

 

I made a home made from scratch blue berry cake...   I'll try it this morning...  then i need to make some peanut butter cookies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My grand pa also confuse about the food taken during celiac disease. Then one of our family doctor suggest some of the foods which are gluten-free that you can take are:

1.Maize / Corn

2.Sweet Potato

3.Potato

4.Oatmeal

5.Quinoa

6.Buckwheat

7.Cornflour

8.Arrowroot

9.Rice

10.Sorghum

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these mentioned, when not contaminated, are gluten-free. Some, like oats, are often contaminated because they are grown, transported, and processed in the same fields/facilities as wheat, thus it's always a good idea to find brands that say "gluten-free" if possible.


Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
8 8