This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Salmon Recipes

ebrbetty

ebrbetty Rising Star

I'm making salmon for dinner tonight, looking for something different.

I'd like to try cooking it in foil packets in the oven, I hear thats a great way to cook it..any ideas?

thanks, Betty

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gointribal Enthusiast

Salmon with Cayanne Pepper

2 lb red trout or salmon (don't substitute any other fish)

garlic salt

cayenne pepper

crushed red pepper flakes

chili powder

1 lemon

Pam a broiling pan if broiling, or preheat grill if grilling.

Lightly sprinkle with garlic salt, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and chili powder, using approximately 1/4 tsp a piece.

Broil or grill approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness, checking for doneness before removing from heat.

Squeeze lemon very generously over individual servings of fish before serving.

I have yet to try this but it sounds really good! :)

penguin Community Regular

I generally poach mine with water, white wine, a few cloves of garlic, dill, and lemon. I'm sure I use salt, too. I make a hollandaise sauce to go with it and roast asparagus to go with it, YUM!

If I were to do it in a pouch, I would lay out a large piece of foil and kind of cup it from the get go to keep liquid in. I would lay the salmon on a bed of citrus slices (lemon, orange, lime, etc) and pour a little white wine over it for moisture and flavor. I'd also add some fresh dill (sure, like I don't use dry, but this is theory ;) ) and peppercorns.

Bake at 400ish for 20ish minutes...

That may work :huh:

And I highly reccommend the asparagus with it.... Heat the broiler, lay out spears on a cookie sheet lined with parchment, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and place under the broiler for about 5-7 mins, if you have fat spears, turn them halfway through and cook longer. Once they're done (the tips of the spears should be nice and toasty and nutty), squeeze some lemon juice over it and enjoy!

Guest nini

my dad does the salmon in the foil packets with butter and garlic... that's it, nothing else~!

ebrbetty Rising Star

thanks..we did the wine recipe last week, hubby did not like it. :huh:

maybe I'll do nini's dads recipe, sounds simple..I can't have heavy spices and haven't been feeling well enough to cook for the last few days

thanks

StrongerToday Enthusiast

When you're up for it, try this one from Bette Hagman:

Cashew Ginger Salmon

2 - tbls honey mustard (I use Honey Cup, but you could use something milder)

1 tbls honey

1 tbls lemon juice

1 in grated ginger

dash of salt

1/4 c cashews - broken up but not all crushed

mix all together and spread on

1 lb salmon filet

Bake 450 for 10 - 15 min, then broil for 2 - 4 minutes until top is crispy. Serves 2.

This is so yummy, I make it almost every week. If you're serving more just add more to the sauce, I can never seem to have enough on top - so good and fast!!

ebrbetty Rising Star
When you're up for it, try this one from Bette Hagman:

Cashew Ginger Salmon

2 - tbls honey mustard (I use Honey Cup, but you could use something milder)

1 tbls honey

1 tbls lemon juice

1 in grated ginger

dash of salt

1/4 c cashews - broken up but not all crushed

mix all together and spread on

1 lb salmon filet

Bake 450 for 10 - 15 min, then broil for 2 - 4 minutes until top is crispy. Serves 2.

This is so yummy, I make it almost every week. If you're serving more just add more to the sauce, I can never seem to have enough on top - so good and fast!!

thank you for sharing, I'm printing it out and will pick up cashews [LOVE] to make next time, we eat salmon quite alot too, trader joes is so good.

hugs, Betty

p.s. do you get the "honey cup" at whole foods? never heard of it

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini
thanks..we did the wine recipe last week, hubby did not like it. :huh:

maybe I'll do nini's dads recipe, sounds simple..I can't have heavy spices and haven't been feeling well enough to cook for the last few days

thanks

I tried to call him to get the exact instructions, but he's not home...

it's really really yummy! I did try it once after he told me how to do it, and it was incredible, but it's been so long (and before going gluten-free so I had serious brain fog) I just don't remember all the details...

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I have a few recipes on this thread:

Open Original Shared Link

MallysMama Explorer

I absolutely LOVE salmon! We eat it at least once a week!! (I buy it frozen...it tastes better fresh - but I like to keep it in the freezer for when I need a quick meal.) I love to put dill and/or garlic on salmon (with butter). I like it pan-fried but my hubby prefers it cooked in the oven. But, when you feel like cooking again - here is my absolute favorite recipe with salmon!

Garlic Salmon Linguine

Cook Tinkyada white rice spaghetti.

In large skillet-

Saute 3 garlic cloves minced in 1/2 cup olive oil. Stir in 1/4 cup fresh parsley, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp cayenne, 3/4 cup chicken broth and cooked salmon filets broken in pieces (I microwave salmon before hand... use however much salmon you want - depending on how many people you're feeding. I usually use 1 filet per person.) Cook till heated through. Drain pasta and add to mixture. Toss (or mix) to coat pasta. Yummy!!! (I don't usually measure all this stuff anymore....I use less parsley-and not fresh - and a little less oil then it calls for...but either way you wanna do it - it's sooo good!) Enjoy!

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

This recipe comes from Starflower at Allrecipes.com. We LOVE it, and it has been passed on to more people than I can count, because someone will ask me for the recipe, have a dinner party, and pass it on to people from there.

Maple Salmon

marinade:

1/4 cup maple syrup

2 tbsp soy sauce

1 clove garlic, minced

freshly ground black pepper to taste.

Marinate the salmon for 30 minutes, bake at 400F for 20 minutes, turning once.

All I do is make sure the salmon is cut into about 4" chunks so they cook through.

frenchiemama Collaborator

Here's my favorite:

Angry Salmon

1 TB extra-virgin olive oil

1 lb fresh salmon fillets

1/2 cup prepared horseradish

4 cloves garlic, minced

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400f.

Rub the entire top surface of the salmon with 1 tsp of the oil, removing all bones. Salt and pepper, then lightly cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 15-20 mins.

Mix horseradish, garlic, the remaining 2tsp oil and a dash of salt and pepper until blended.

Line a roasting pan with foil, and place fillets in the center. Spoon horseradish mixture over the top and pat down with the back of a spoon, cover fillets completely. There should be no pink showing except on the vertical sides.

Lay another piece of foil over the top and place on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 15 mins, then remove foil cover and bake an additional 10-15 mins or until cooked through. Turn heat to broil.

Fold foil away from edges of pan, so that only the coated salmon is visible. Place on top rack and broil on low for 2-3 mins or until you see the first signs of browning.

Serves 4

per serving:

195 calories

10.6 grams fat

170 mg sodium

63 mg cholesterol

Archived