This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Could an egg allergy cause a false positive on blood screening test?

Tracy66

Posterboy Mentor

Tracy Et Al,

You can take B2 aka Riboflavin by itself. If you don't feel comfortable taking it as part of a B-complex.

It is one of the few B-Vitamins that have a distinct physical signature when you have too much of it.

Your will develop NEON PEE......that is because your Kidneys are now by passing the B2 you might now be taking.

I used to have Angular Cheiltis (Leaky Lips) and Geographic Tongue all the time....

Taking B-2 helped it.....when my Urine begin to GLOW in the Night......I had taken enough B2....

I have not needed to take it since....

https://glutenfreeworks.com/health/tongue-magenta-swollen/

https://www.urologyofva.net/articles/category/healthy-diet/4388519/understanding-riboflavin-vitamin-b2-deficiency-in-celiac-disease

Taking B-2 by itself will still help because IT is important in the absorption of many different Vitamins/Minerals.

https://www.urologyofva.net/articles/category/healthy-diet/4388519/understanding-riboflavin-vitamin-b2-deficiency-in-celiac-disease

quoting from the above link....

"Adequate supplies of thiamin in the body can help increase levels of riboflavin. However, very high levels of thiamin intake can cause the loss of riboflavin in the urine. Riboflavin plays an important role in making other nutrients fully available, especially iron, zinc, folic acid, niacin (vitamin B3) and vitamin B12.

Riboflavin is considered safe because excess vitamin is passed out in the urine. There is no documented toxicity."

If you got back and look a the link I cited women with Anemia have Suboptimal levels of Riboflavin...

Here it is again for easy reference....

"Suboptimal Biochemical Riboflavin Status Is Associated with Lower Hemoglobin and Higher Rates of Anemia in a Sample of Canadian and Malaysian Women of Reproductive Age"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31318024/

When your urine glows you have enough B-2....not turn yellow or even orange....but a Lurid color that glows at night.....then your body has enough!

I found this out by taking Brewers yeast.....which has all the B-Vitamins minus B-12....

After taking brewers yeast for 3 or 4 months my urine begin to glow.....after that I stopped taking any more brewers yeast.

I was just trying to be helpful.......to give you clues of things I did that helped me.

Not only did it help my Angular Chelitits (which I had for years) it also helped my elevated Homoycstiene levels......

I was taking a B6, B12, and B9 (Folic Acid) under doctor's orders at the time for over two years and it didn't get better until I took a B-2 aka Riboflavin.

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/blog/2019/02/26/mthfr-just-riboflavin-deficiency/

I think you will find it helps your daughter's anemia. I also had a Thyroid problem that got better while taking  Riboflavin.

I didn't know any of this at the time.....I had to figure it out by studying Vitamins which the doctor's didn't know about...

See this research on a Thyroid problem due to a Riboflavin deficiency entitled

"Riboflavin metabolism in the hypothyroid human adult"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3809170/

If I take Riboflavin now my urine almost immediately (with in 6 hours or less).....before then I could take it days or more without changing the color of my urine because my body was absorbing 100 Percent of IT!

You can test this yourself by taking it every other day......since it is water soluble....you will see your urine change color between the days you take it....

IF it doesn't change color at all your or your daughter is too low/deficient in Riboflavin aka B-2.

The color of your urine changes as your body begins absorbing less of it.....when your urine is glowing it is no longer absorbing it anymore....

A sign your body doesn't need anymore....

Again you can test this by taking a rest day between doses.....and see how quickly it changes the color of your urine.....6 hours (estimate) or less and your body is bypassing 100 percent of it....

My nephew is taking it now.....and it is helping him with his anxiety....

I hope this is helpful but it not medical advice.

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Posterboy by the Grace of God

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Posterboy Mentor

Tracy,

ETA.....I tried editing my response but it wouldn't let me add this link....

Tracy it might help you also to read this Posterboy blog post about Micronutrient deficiencies in Celiac's...they are more common than doctor's know...according to this recent research on the topic....

https://www.celiac.com/blogs/entry/2714-mayo-clinic-study-shows-micronutrient-deficiencies-are-still-common-in-contemporary-celiac-disease-despite-lack-of-overt-malabsorption-symptoms/#:~:text=Posterboy's Blog %3B Mayo Clinic Study Shows Micronutrient,Celiac Disease Despite Lack of Overt Malabsorption Symptoms

Again I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advice.

Posterboy,

trents Grand Master
3 hours ago, Placey said:

Lots of sound advice .The only caution I want to express is with taking a B- complex vitamin. Its better to have your B levels tested guest before taking, especially in young developing children as too much can be harmful. As an adult ( before being diagnosed with Celiacs) I thought a B- complex was a good idea as I was feeling tired all the time. The headaches and stomach aches from taking that vitamin were awful- I never had headaches before. I stopped and shared that with my Dr. She told me never to do that again, with any vitamin really as it could be harmful - even with Vitamin B. She tested my levels and I was only low in B-12. Her and my neurologist told me to only take a B-12 without any other vitamins or minerals added and the kind that is absorbed under the tongue. Since then no headaches, no stomach aches. Bottom line not all vitamins are treated equal and more is not always best.

And yet, B vitamin supplementation is also a recommendation for treating migraines. I have always heard that supplementing with B vitamins is safe because they are water soluble and we just excrete any excesses in our urine. Is this no longer a valid concept? Maybe the science around this has changed.

Posterboy Mentor

To All,

I will be quick I just wanted to follow up on why B-2 and B-12 can change your urine color.

Here is two nice links that explains what your urine color means and when to be worried.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/471584-why-do-vitamin-b-supplements-turn-urine-yellow/

https://rightasrain.uwmedicine.org/well/health/what-color-your-pee-says-about-your-health

I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advice.

Posterboy,

Posterboy Mentor
5 hours ago, Placey said:

Lots of sound advice .The only caution I want to express is with taking a B- complex vitamin. Its better to have your B levels tested guest before taking, especially in young developing children as too much can be harmful. As an adult ( before being diagnosed with Celiacs) I thought a B- complex was a good idea as I was feeling tired all the time. The headaches and stomach aches from taking that vitamin were awful- I never had headaches before. I stopped and shared that with my Dr. She told me never to do that again, with any vitamin really as it could be harmful - even with Vitamin B. She tested my levels and I was only low in B-12. Her and my neurologist told me to only take a B-12 without any other vitamins or minerals added and the kind that is absorbed under the tongue. Since then no headaches, no stomach aches. Bottom line not all vitamins are treated equal and more is not always best.

Placey and Trents,

IF somebody has SIBO then taking Folic Acid can be a problem because the Dysbiosis is over producing Folates already.....

Here is the research about how taking a B-complex with taking Folic Acid in it can trigger Migraines....

Entitled "Effects of dietary folate intake on migraine disability and frequency"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25598270/

Enzymic B-Vitamins are generally better tolerated by people because they have the Methyl Forms of the B-Vitamins.

People who have MTHFR problem should take Methyl Folate, and Methylcobalmin (B-12) forms and P5P a special form of B-6....

Also go back and read the article I posted on the MTFR problem....

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/blog/2019/02/26/mthfr-just-riboflavin-deficiency/

This happens when get low in Riboflavin (B2) .....and why I cited/quoted it.

Riboflavin can also help treat SIBO.....and  why taking B2 can help with a MTHFR problem.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0278691510002474

I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advice.

Posterboy,

Tracy66 Apprentice

Wow thanks all! You have provided me with great advice and the links are so helpful to learn more about this disease and its complications. 

Yesterday I gave my daughter, Jade, a B Complex vitamin. I already know she is deficient in b12 from blood test, but unknown about others. Quite possibly thiamin b1 too due to her neurological symptoms that may be related. This is Cenovis mega b complex. It has 50mg thiamin b1 and high strength all others. 

She has an app with a Peadiatrician this Monday and I will be asking him what he recommends she takes while waiting for her biopsy or if he can give her blood tests to find out what vitamins she needs supplementing in until we see the Gastroenterologist. 

Monday is tomorrow so I won't give her another vitamin today because her appointment is so close. I'm taking them with me to show him and will tell him she had one on Saturday.

I don't know if one vitamin tablet can help. Today my daughter has proudly shown us that she spent last night learning where every Country is on the world map. She did this just out of her own interest not schoolwork. There's around 190 Countries to learn. This flawed us because she has not done anything like this for a couple of years. I seriously doubt 1 50mg tablet of b1 and the rest of the b vitamins could have done this but I am stumped at the coincidence and also with the fact she has learned something involving memory and so intensive. I think its coincidence, but she was talking to us without getting frustrated or irritated which is also unusual. In fact we loved that she had learned something and wanted to talk. Maybe it was a fluke night, a fleeting moment.

Tracy66 Apprentice

Sorry couldn't edit. She learned where 90 Countries were in the one night, not 190. But that us still amazing. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

trents Grand Master

Encouraging news, Tracy66! Thanks for sharing your victory. I think you will soon be getting to the bottom of this and your daughter will be on the road to healing.

Tracy66 Apprentice

Thank you Trents.

I truly believe that we are on the right track because of all your and others advice on this forum. I have learned a lot about the nutritional deficiencies and how important and urgent it is to correct them asap.

I won't be waiting for biopsy to get her on supplements. The B vitamins are definitely needed and luckily safe. Will definitely get Pead tomorrow if can check all levels so can give me accurate doses of vitamins needed. And give her the test Knitty Kitty advised as well. I'll speak to Pead about the folic acid interaction with B vitamins and test results.

I am armed with information and questions to ask, I am alerted to the importance of getting the right supplements asap thanks to you all on this forum.

raspberryfirecracker Contributor
21 hours ago, trents said:

I have always heard that supplementing with B vitamins is safe because they are water soluble and we just excrete any excesses in our urine. Is this no longer a valid concept? Maybe the science around this has changed.

It depends on how you metabolize them, genetically, much like celiac. People will never know if they have any issues with this unless taking vitamins starts to cause problems. Then you might have to go down the route of genetic testing to see which nutrients you need more of, which forms of them you can/can't take, and vigilance in case you're getting sick because taking one thing is exacerbating a differenct deficiency. Most of the population has balanced-enough genetics that even if one or two genes are a bit slow, or a bit fast, they can still process vitamins fine overall; they'll never have enough comorbidities + wonky genetics to need worry about any of this! I wish I were in that group 😅 But basically what Placey said, vitamins are medicine and they're strong enough to help or hurt in different circumstances. If people take them and just get better then they're in the best position, because they.. just get better! I hope your daughter is in that group, Tracy! If I take the wrong amount or form of anything, I can get extremely ill, but as long as I stay on top of any deficiencies and take the things my particular body needs, it's manageable. It's aggravation on top of an already aggregating disease, but we're lucky to have inventions like life-sustaining nutrients we can just pick up at the store as needed. 

Tracy66 Apprentice

Thank you raspberryfirecracker. That's helpful information. And thank you for your well wishes for my daughter about vitamin taking. 

Today she sees a pediatrician. I am hoping he will be able to help determine some kind of dosage and for which vitamins, preferably through testing her blood and/ or genetic testing. 

I am interested if they can do genetic testing before biopsy. I am interested in seeing if she has both HLA DQ2 and DQ8 genes. I have read if you have both, it excludes having celiacs, not sure how accurate that is.

My brother and his wife are hassling me a lot to not do a biopsy and just accept and treat her as positive to Celiacs. He says Im putting her through an unnesseccary procedure. He says why do a procedure if its already 95% through antibody testing and she has neurological symptons and anaemia and low b12. I'm not so sure that by not having a biopsy and treat as positive anyway is a good way to go about it. The lifestyle change is too big, particularly as she already is avoiding foods due to egg allergy. And I would want to know 100% before going gluten-free for life. 

But if both those HLA  genes are detected then it that says no chance of Celiacs, I wonder why they don't do that for everyone before considering a biopsy to save having a procedure incase results are negative. Cost maybe, or maybe not as accurate as I read.

If they will do genetic testing then maybe her vitamin levels can more determined as well with that test results. I suppose that would be gold standard for determining vitamin requirements.

trents Grand Master
2 hours ago, raspberryfirecracker said:

It depends on how you metabolize them, genetically, much like celiac. People will never know if they have any issues with this unless taking vitamins starts to cause problems. Then you might have to go down the route of genetic testing to see which nutrients you need more of, which forms of them you can/can't take, and vigilance in case you're getting sick because taking one thing is exacerbating a differenct deficiency. Most of the population has balanced-enough genetics that even if one or two genes are a bit slow, or a bit fast, they can still process vitamins fine overall; they'll never have enough comorbidities + wonky genetics to need worry about any of this! I wish I were in that group 😅 But basically what Placey said, vitamins are medicine and they're strong enough to help or hurt in different circumstances. If people take them and just get better then they're in the best position, because they.. just get better! I hope your daughter is in that group, Tracy! If I take the wrong amount or form of anything, I can get extremely ill, but as long as I stay on top of any deficiencies and take the things my particular body needs, it's manageable. It's aggravation on top of an already aggregating disease, but we're lucky to have inventions like life-sustaining nutrients we can just pick up at the store as needed. 

Genetic testing for vitamin deficiencies? I haven't heard of that before.

Tracy66 Apprentice

Yes Trents, I always thought genetic testing was to see which type of medications suit best for the person such as antidepressants etc. 

knitty kitty Grand Master

Tracy,

If you have both HLA DQ 2 and HLA DQ 8, you have two genes for Celiac.  

"I am interested in seeing if she has both HLA DQ2 and DQ8 genes. I have read if you have both, it excludes having celiacs, not sure how accurate that is."

Not an accurate statement at all...

If you have both HLA DQ 2 and HLA DQ 8,  you can have Celiac.  If you have either gene by itself, you can have Celiac.  

HLA DQ 2 or 8 are the most common Celiac genes.  There are other more rare ones, too.  You only need one gene for Celiac.

Genetic testing can identify a genetic mutation called MTHFR.  People with MTHFR genes respond better when taking the methylated forms of vitamins.

Some vitamins aren't activated until a methyl group is attached to the vitamin.  MTHFR people have difficulty attaching this methyl group.  Luckily, methylated forms of these vitamins are available over the counter.  

Hope this helps.

Tracy66 Apprentice

Thank you for that info Knitty Kitty! 😊

1 minute ago, Tracy66 said:

Thank you for that info Knitty Kitty! 😊

Glad to be able to help.

I would like my experience to be of value to others.  

Jade's reaction to the single vitamin tablet suggests to me it is thiamine deficiency (with other vitamin deficiencies as well).  Thiamine deficiency can dramatically improve within minutes or hours like that.  

I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear what the doctors say.  I will be waiting up.

Prayers go with you and Jade!

raspberryfirecracker Contributor
1 hour ago, trents said:

Genetic testing for vitamin deficiencies? I haven't heard of that before.

I hadn't either until about 6 years ago; some genes are directly correlated with deficiency if you get the worse versions (MTHFR, VDR), others are responsible for a culmination effect, so that you might need extra such-and-such like kitty said, or on the opposite spectrum have to be careful with them, depending.

When anything throws deficiencies at us, your predispositions of how you'll methylate vitamins are going to make it either easy or tricky to treat. I wouldn't be concerned with it, Tracy, unless she gets much sicker trying to treat deficiencies she already has, upon which her Dr will probably start by measuring levels of things that are more likely to be the root of the problem. Right now there's no problem, so don't add more to your plate! There's a lot of very intelligent patients here who can suggest options if anything weird happens 🙂

Tracy66 Apprentice

Thank you both Knitty Kitty and Raspberryfirecracker. 😊

Knitty kitty we will be a few hours today. App not till 2.30pm here. If yr in USA it will be around 1am or later by the time we get home. Get some sleep. ❤ Thanks so kind of you. I will post but it will be late for all you guys. 

Tracy66 Apprentice

Hey lovely people.  Thank you for all your support and I'll share details of todays visit with the Developmental/Behavioural Paediatrician. Jade has been diagnosed with executive function disorder, ADHD and splintered cognitive function without autism. And also Auditory Processing Disorder that she has already been diagnosed with. He put her back on Iron tablets to keep taking 3 x a week until levels checked again next month with Gastro specialist and biopsy time. He said to keep taking the B Complex we had brought because all the B 's in the one we purchased have really good levels which is a good start. He wanted Gastro specialist to do the erythrocyte transketolase test/ thiamin test if she does test positive to Celiacs and has no improvement with the supplements she is taking now. He said the b1 thiamin 50mg in box we brought was a good start for her. She is 13 and slender. He referred her to an Educational Psychologist and wants to see her again early April. If she has no improvement with vitamin supplements and a GFD by then he will put her on medication for ADHD temporarily. So didnt get my wish of having vitamin deficiencies tested today. Seems the doctor didn't want to tread in the Gastroenterologists territory. 

Tracy, 

I was hoping for more from your doctor.  So sad doctors aren't as educated about vitamins as we need them to be.  Heavy sigh.  Glad he did advise to keep taking the vitamins you've bought. 

The form of thiamine I found most helpful is lipothiamine or allithiamine because this form will cross the blood brain barrier and Dr. Derek Lonsdale recommends it in his book.  Don't forget to take a good magnesium supplement.  Thiamine needs magnesium to work properly.

I followed Dr. Lonsdale's suggestions to help me recover from my deficiency.  Perhaps you can reach out to Dr. Lonsdale and Dr. Marrs on their site here....

https://www.hormonesmatter.com/navigating-thiamine-supplements/

Hope this helps.  

Keep us posted on Jade's progress!

52 minutes ago, Tracy66 said:

Hey lovely people.  Thank you for all your support and I'll share details of todays visit with the Developmental/Behavioural Paediatrician. Jade has been diagnosed with executive function disorder, ADHD and splintered cognitive function without autism. And also Auditory Processing Disorder that she has already been diagnosed with. He put her back on Iron tablets to keep taking 3 x a week until levels checked again next month with Gastro specialist and biopsy time. He said to keep taking the B Complex we had brought because all the B 's in the one we purchased have really good levels which is a good start. He wanted Gastro specialist to do the erythrocyte transketolase test/ thiamin test if she does test positive to Celiacs and has no improvement with the supplements she is taking now. He said the b1 thiamin 50mg in box we brought was a good start for her. She is 13 and slender. He referred her to an Educational Psychologist and wants to see her again early April. If she has no improvement with vitamin supplements and a GFD by then he will put her on medication for ADHD temporarily. So didnt get my wish of having vitamin deficiencies tested today. Seems the doctor didn't want to tread in the Gastroenterologists territory. 

Tracy66 Apprentice

Knitty Kitty that is an awesome link on thiamine. Very detailed and yes I could reach out to Dr Lonsdale and Dr Marrs. The thiamine we have is thiamine nitrate which I believe would not contain that fat solubility garlic thing that allows it to get through to the cells better which allithiamin has. 

I have a big bottle of this b complex now so may see how she goes and will pick up some magnesium for the absorption. I understand about that. It's like Vit C is needed for non heam iron absorption. And will work out if she may need the better absorbing  allithiamin if not improving with this bottle. Thank you for that link and info.

Yes I find doctors tend to see vitamins as helpful, but dismiss the effectiveness of their success, and like you said are not educated on them. They always choose to write a script for a pharmaceutical medicine.

In the past I found great success with a Chinese medicine doctor that gave me accupuncture and herbs to boil that looked like they came off a forrest floor. The Chinese herbs and accupuncture treatment changed my positive antiphospholipid syndrome results to a negative on blood test results. She also managed to eradicate my stage 4 endometriosis that was shown on laproscopy as gone. My gynecologist and heamatologist dismissed that the Chinese medicine had anything to do with the success but couldn't explain otherwise why they thought it happened. I knew it had worked .

Thanks once again Knitty Kitty. I really appreciate the support. I hope one day I can help someone. You and the others on this forum are so supportive and helpful. I need a bit more experience in this area first but am ever grateful for your help.

DebJ14 Enthusiast
On 1/23/2021 at 2:15 PM, GFinDC said:

You are welcome Tracy.  You are not alone there, many people think that celiac is an allergy.  Sometimes people with celiac will tell their server at a restaurant that they have a gluten allergy.  That is far easier for people to understand than an auto-immune disease, especially people with no medical background like most restaurant workers.

The link below talks about supplements for celiacs.  I've had problems keeping my vitamin D levels up in the past.  I take a vitamin/mineral combo that includes boron and calcium and vitamin D.  Boron is important because it increases the length of time vitamin D is retained in the body.  It also helps in the storage of calcium in bones.  Your doctor can give advice based on the testing they do.

The good news is if it is celiac causing the issues, she has a fine chance of fully recovering.  It may take some time, but once her intestine heals and can absorb nutrients efficiently again, her body can recover.  Healing the gut can take months though as the immune system is slow about giving up a fight.  And any tiny bit of gluten can spark an immune system flare.

https://nationalceliac.org/celiac-disease-questions/blood-tests-and-supplements/

But, if after a long time of taking the necessary supplements, there is no improvement in the status of certain Vitamins, by all means have genetic testing done.  In some places in the US they use the Spectracell Test of Micronutrients to see if one is low in vitamins, minerals and amino acids.  When I was first diagnosed I was deficient in nearly every nutrient.  That is because my problems with gluten started in early childhood and were repeatedly misdiagnosed until I was 54.  You can imagine how the deficiencies mounted up after years of not absorbing nutrients.  They ran the Spectracell test every 6 months.  By the end of 2 years most nutrients were in the normal range and I no longer required those supplements, but not Vitamin D nor B12 and my antioxidants were extremely low and my antioxidant function was still poor.  Genetic testing was done and all of these deficiencies were found to be genetic.  So, I take massive doses of all of them daily just to maintain a level that is not off the bottom of the chart.  

Tracy,

I started with thiamine nitrate, too.  I started with one a day, but quickly started taking 100 mg with every meal.  My body craved the pills.  Not chocolate, thiamine supplements.  Weird.  After lots of research, I found Drs. Lonsdale and Marrs and ordered allithiamine and lipothiamine. There is an immense difference between the thiamine nitrate and the fat based thiamine.  It really does get into the brain and make a difference!  

There is a short period after beginning thiamine where one might feel yucky, but it's the body starting to function.  It passes quickly.  Just keep taking the thiamine.  

Dr. Marrs is delightful.  She or Dr. Lonsdale will be able to advise you about Jade.  I encourage you to reach out to them.

And, just out of curiosity, I found this for you on endometriosis and thiamine....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3916184/

A prospective cohort study of Vitamins B, C, E, and multivitamin intake and endometriosis

Do keep us posted on your progress on this journey.

Best wishes!

Knitty Kitty

12 hours ago, Tracy66 said:

Knitty Kitty that is an awesome link on thiamine. Very detailed and yes I could reach out to Dr Lonsdale and Dr Marrs. The thiamine we have is thiamine nitrate which I believe would not contain that fat solubility garlic thing that allows it to get through to the cells better which allithiamin has. 

I have a big bottle of this b complex now so may see how she goes and will pick up some magnesium for the absorption. I understand about that. It's like Vit C is needed for non heam iron absorption. And will work out if she may need the better absorbing  allithiamin if not improving with this bottle. Thank you for that link and info.

Yes I find doctors tend to see vitamins as helpful, but dismiss the effectiveness of their success, and like you said are not educated on them. They always choose to write a script for a pharmaceutical medicine.

In the past I found great success with a Chinese medicine doctor that gave me accupuncture and herbs to boil that looked like they came off a forrest floor. The Chinese herbs and accupuncture treatment changed my positive antiphospholipid syndrome results to a negative on blood test results. She also managed to eradicate my stage 4 endometriosis that was shown on laproscopy as gone. My gynecologist and heamatologist dismissed that the Chinese medicine had anything to do with the success but couldn't explain otherwise why they thought it happened. I knew it had worked .

Thanks once again Knitty Kitty. I really appreciate the support. I hope one day I can help someone. You and the others on this forum are so supportive and helpful. I need a bit more experience in this area first but am ever grateful for your help.

Tracy66 Apprentice
10 hours ago, DebJ14 said:

Hi DebJ14.

You must of been feeling very run down not being diagnosed for so many years and missing the vitamins you needed. I'm so glad you can now live life feeling good. In your case I can see genetic testing helped so much to determine a genetic reason for not absorbing vit D and B12. 

I think it's best to get my daughter on a gfd and get her the supplements she needs and keep up with regular testing of those limits for a while to see if she really is absorbing all the vitamins. Like you say, If something is not responding and continuously shows deficient then that would be the time to go genetic testing.

I am 54 and only being tested now too. And only because my daughter has antibodies which were really found by accident. I get my results tomorrow. I have always had stomach/bowel issues. And had endometriosis for years too. That took a while to get diagnosed as well. 

Thanks Deb

Tracy66 Apprentice
3 hours ago, knitty kitty said:

Tracy,

I started with thiamine nitrate, too.  I started with one a day, but quickly started taking 100 mg with every meal.  My body craved the pills.  Not chocolate, thiamine supplements.  Weird.  After lots of research, I found Drs. Lonsdale and Marrs and ordered allithiamine and lipothiamine. There is an immense difference between the thiamine nitrate and the fat based thiamine.  It really does get into the brain and make a difference!  

There is a short period after beginning thiamine where one might feel yucky, but it's the body starting to function.  It passes quickly.  Just keep taking the thiamine.  

Dr. Marrs is delightful.  She or Dr. Lonsdale will be able to advise you about Jade.  I encourage you to reach out to them.

And, just out of curiosity, I found this for you on endometriosis and thiamine....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3916184/

A prospective cohort study of Vitamins B, C, E, and multivitamin intake and endometriosis

Do keep us posted on your progress on this journey.

Best wishes!

Knitty Kitty

Interesting you were craving thiamine. The body give us clues at times what it needs.I will reach out to Dr Lonsdale and Dr Marrs.  Thank you for the link to endometriosis and vitamins especially found in food being beneficial. Just all shows how perfectly balanced vitamins jobs are in our bodies.