Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerseyangel

It's The Brain Fog

Well everyone, I have done it again! This time, I pinned spam here on the board. Yep, I read it, and just went ahead and did it without it even registering. Just yesterday, my husband and I were shopping, and I had so much trouble understanding a somewhat complicated transaction (a return/discount/account opening/re-purchase) that I embarassed myself. By the time the whole thing was completed, I was sweating and said to my husband--could I have been any stupider? I mean, I know I should have followed the whole thing--we're not talking rocket science here--but it just lost me. So, I say to all of you reading the board today, I'm sorry--I dropped the ball. Ever since my last gluten CC reaction 3 weeks ago, I am having a tough time snapping back--both physicaly and mentaly :( .

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Don't sweat it, Patti........

Hope you have a great day!

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Patti, please look at it in context! No harm is done. I have done far far worse things when glutened, like telling my boss the truth! (anyone else done this?)

Lets step back an I'll tell you how I nearly killed myself ....

So I walk out and leave my keys and the door is an enormous secutiry door. So instead of the sensible thing (breaking a small window on my back entrance or asking my neighbours to climb off thier balcony onto mine) I can't cope with talking to people so I climb around the outside of the 5th floor building on a 2" ledge ...

Of course just at the point of no return I get scared and Im stuck there for 1 hour!

All of this to avoid having to talk to someone!

Now what was the problem again? It will look a lot smaller when you are feeling better, ask your DH for a cuddle!

Okay, I think you win gfp. But I do understand why you did that. That brain fog is really horrible and insidious. I'm coming off of a glutening myself. When glutened, I avoid people to the point that I don't even come here! And this is a safe zone!

Annette

gluten-free since Oct 1996

Patti

I'm sorry honey, you got 'nuked'

your taking on alot being a moderator...cut yourself some slack- girlfriend. Permission from all 6,000 of us on the forum :lol:

we all soooooo appreciate all you do esp, making sure each 'newbie' gets welcome.

:blink: take care of PATTI...OK?

JUDY IN PHILLY

Judy in Southern CA