This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sherry, I don't know what the maximum treatment is or if there is one. I would guess four weeks would be adequate. I will have 8 treatments total (according to what he wants me to do).

Nora, thanks for the info. We aren't consuming the treatments at all, but what you're saying makes sense.

I just got ART. :D

Tested negative for Lyme. Positive for babesia, erlichia, and bartonella. Banderol is good for the bart.

My liver is stressed, but likes parsley and burbur. My body also likes coffee enemas, LOL.

I tested okay for gluten and dairy, YAY!

Everything he said was stuff I "knew" by intuition .... I guess I kinda know what's going on as nothing went against what I thought, like, I like Zeolite, but charcoal does nothing for me ... the only surprise was I like chlorella but have a slight allergy to it.

He didn't have all his stuff, so couldn't do a complete test, but it was helpful nonetheless.

I tested negative for aspergillus, and positive for black mold, but he wasn't totally comfortable with that because it was by memory ..... Dr. K said it could be done that way. It also showed that it was from the bed and no where else.

So, very interesting. Oh, he has a lot of virus nosodes and I tested negative for all of them.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mftnchn Explorer

So you still have all the co-infections. Will you go back on all your meds? Or take this info to your LLMD and go from there?

Sherry

nora-n Rookie

Here I found something that explains isopathics and nosodes. It is not so new, and was used on animals for certain diseases. Open Original Shared Link They also say that the chinese used higly diluted nosodes a thousand years ago.

I think the bionic treatment adds the needed energy for the body (just speculating) as the energy in chronic ill patients is low. (my wholistic practitioner tested me at 30-something the first time, and around 50 the next time) (the scale goes from 0-100 )

There is also the Sanum-kehlbeck company Open Original Shared Link and there is a seminar in Baden-Baden

In India, they use homeopathics a lot, and ajurvedic medicine.

Here there is a short explanation on isopathics in the top prtion of this page: Open Original Shared Link

and more: Open Original Shared Link

and here subtillis is mentionedat the bottom Open Original Shared Link

Note that the borrelia nosodes are not sanum (you can look at the photo on www.betterhealthguy-blogspot.com and the remedies are all in the photo) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_082o9bGVTmA/SQoY...-h/IMG_0845.webp the nosodes come from Staufen-pharma

on lymenet there is a thread about those sanum remedies and treating candida

This paper gives an explanation on why the spine must be adressed (note that on the blogs from germany, Dr. W did chiropractic adjustments on the patients) Open Original Shared Link

found on Open Original Shared Link

(I have something on T4 for example, the scio machine said. I have had nausea for a year and have been yellow. My ordinary MD just does not want to listen. Did not want do any tests either although my liver numbers have been high. He jsut sent me to psych.

Liver numbers should go down with this scio treatment as it is adressing the blockage on T4 and the others too.)

nora

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm going to keep studying the methylation cycle so that hopefully I'm more familiar with it by the time I get the results of the genetic testing back.

Its really hard to understand it.....Dr. P. said that even after 3 years of studying it he still has to refer to his manual on some things.

I'm more familiar with the genes that will be tested next because those are the ones involved in methylation. There was only one gene (COMT) which is part of the methylation cycle that was included in the genetic testing I just did.

I have one mutation on the COMT gene. Its really interesting because when I would look at the map of the methylation cycle the two genes that I "guessed" I might have problems with are COMT and CBS.

I dont have an answer for CBS yet because it wasnt included in the last test. Its one of the genes tested in Yasko's nutrigenomic test.

The main reason I suspected having a problem with COMT is because of my reactions to epinephrine and to dopamine. The epinephrine thing goes way back to the Lidocaine injections that I got right before my dental work. I have a sensitivity to epinephrine that showed up in my first bioSET screening with Anna.

Even more obvious to me is my reaction to stress which was the very first symptom that I had after the dental work. I cannot handle the stress hormones. Dr. P. said that it was probably my adrenals....but I didnt agree with him on that. Its an actual feeling of increased toxicity as well as obvious immune reactions that are triggered almost immediately when I am under stress or when my body goes into a "fight or flight" response. Its usually more severe than a food reaction and takes at least a day to clear my system.

I've always said that I have a problem with eliminating those hormones and that they seem to accumulate and cause reaction..and the COMT mutation explains that for me.

On my test results it says that individuals carrying this gene mutation have a 4-fold reduced clearance of dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine.

I know that I'm highly sensitive to foods high in dopamine.....with bananas and avocados at the top of the list. The list of foods to avoid for a person with a COMT mutation include many of the foods that I have very noticeable reactions to. There are no foods on the list that I even consider eating.

The reactions to those foods and the stress hormones is pretty much why I felt I had problems in that area of the methylation cycle. I also think that it either has an effect on the MAO enzyme...or that I have a mutation there as well.....which is why I'm highly sensitive to amines in general. The MAO gene is included in the Yasko test.

I feel like there might be a problem with the CBS gene (the first step in transsulfuration) but the results of my amino acid test didnt indicate any problem there. I hope that I dont have any mutations there but we wont know until I do the testing.

Another interesting thing is that elevated epinephrine contributes to glutathione depletion. Also, I remember posting that epinephrine is raised in persons with Graves Disease (which is why epinephrine should not have been used by the dentist). I do think that my reduced ability to clear epinephrine contributed to the overload (Dr. Amy was the first to suggest this)...especially since right after I was given more than one shot... my fillings were drilled out.

I'm already lacking as far as glutathione goes because I'm lacking one of the genes...so the combination of epinephrine and mercury was not a good one for me. <_<

Also, once I became symptomatic western medicine's answer for EVERYTHING was pharmaueuticals, pharmacueticals and MORE pharmacueticals!! :angry:

One of the things Dr. P. asked me was if I'm currently taking any pharmacueticals at all. The only thing I'm taking is thyroid....but its Armour rather than one of the synthetics. He said this is good because I have decreased ability to eliminate them and many of them furthur inhibit the P-450 enzymes.

My test results came with lists of drugs that inhibit the enzymes and many of them were given to me when I was still seeing the conventional doctors. I know that my condition definately worsened during that time and I believe that alot of it could be because of the drugs that were prescribed.

Two of them that I *know* significantly worsened my situation were Propanolol and Erythromycin. I got dramatically worse (and more sensitive) after the Erythromycin especially....but I had always beleived it was because it must have affected my gut by killing off good bacteria.

Before I got sick I never took pharmacueticals of any kind....I never even took any OTC medications. I always felt that they were "bad" for me. I'm betting avoiding those things helped me to remain healthy for alot of years. I also feel that I may have been much better off had I not went to the doctors for help...the first thing they did was blast my thyroid with radiation :blink: ....and it was all downhill from there. :(

confused Community Regular

Rachel,

It is great that everything is starting to make sense for you. Who would of guess that mutated genes could be resposnsible for so much in your health. So what causes genes to get mutated anyway. I guess i should of paid more attention to my biology classes in college lol. Well im guessing I did learn all of this but my brain cells have been so impared the last few years, i have forgotten so much.

Do you have any idea when you might do the next set of gene testing?

Everyone,

How many of you have gotten your vitamin D tested. And if you have do you think it is an imprtant test to do. Im debating on adding that on to my adrenal, insulin and thyroid test that I am doing this weekend. But wanst sure if i wanted to spend the 155 bucks to do it.

paula

tabasco32 Apprentice

Wow Rachel, that's crazy that you had to take those prep. drugs. The only ones I took were progesterone because of my periods, but they didn't help and nystatin, that didn't help either.

I was writin off about 10 different RX's but I knew in the back of my head that they wouldn't really help.

I was prescribed nuerontin, lythium, romeron, zelnorm for C, elmiron for bladder and 12 treatments with a catheter up my urethra with elmiron. That wasn't fun. :angry: Cymbalta and other depression and anxiety drugs. Oh and vesicare for bladder spasms but that worsened my C.

I got worse when I took antibiotics for a so called bladder infection. I did take these: amoxicillin, ciproflaxin and flagyl. My constipation and gut got worse. :(

Are you taking anything for the yeast? I heard that diflucan is good?

Ugh I feel sick, too much candy last night! I helped out at my church with game booths and there was cake and candy everywhere!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

It is great that everything is starting to make sense for you. Who would of guess that mutated genes could be resposnsible for so much in your health. So what causes genes to get mutated anyway. I guess i should of paid more attention to my biology classes in college lol. Well im guessing I did learn all of this but my brain cells have been so impared the last few years, i have forgotten so much.

You get the genes from your parents...one chromosome from each parent.

This is how the results look:

- - = negative

+ - = positive

+ + = positive

I had ++ on one of the P-450 genes

I had + - on another

The COMT gene was + -

The NAT2 gene was + -

The GSTM1 gene was absent (Glutathione s-transferase)

There was a total of 17 other genes which were -- (negative)

To me its not at all shocking that there is a genetic component to all of this....I think its the main reason why some people get sick and other people are fine even with the same exposures. I was surprised at how many things showed up....especially after being programmed to not expect anything significant to come back in my test results. I'm just used to not getting clear answers.

Do you have any idea when you might do the next set of gene testing?

I'm ordering the test in the next few days...so it just depends on how long it takes to get to me and then how long it takes me to complete it, ship it and get the results back.

I will probably not see Dr. P. until I have these results in because I think it might change the way we go about treating me (if anything shows up in this test).

Everyone,

How many of you have gotten your vitamin D tested. And if you have do you think it is an imprtant test to do. Im debating on adding that on to my adrenal, insulin and thyroid test that I am doing this weekend. But wanst sure if i wanted to spend the 155 bucks to do it.

I've only had it checked in my Spectracell test....but personally, I dont feel that those results were helpful because what is there and what is being utilized are two different things.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I was writin off about 10 different RX's but I knew in the back of my head that they wouldn't really help.

I was given ALOT more than ten RX's.......I'm not kidding my bathroom started to look like a freakin pharmacy!! :blink:

Prior to that I never had ANYTHING medicinal in my bathroom. My "medicine cabinet" was for nail polish and other important things having nothing to do with treating symptoms :P .....but then again I never had anything to "treat".

Those were the GOOD 'OL DAYS! *sigh*

Yeah....it was always in my mind that none of these RX's were any good.....but I also had alot of people telling me to stop reading things online and to listen to what the doctors were telling me. :rolleyes:

Now those same people are thankful that I STOPPED listening to the doctors and started using my head and taking charge of my health. Alot of damage was done during those first couple years though.

Why did that have to be the ONE time in my life that I actually listened to anyone??!! :rolleyes::lol:

I changed my diet and reduced my exposure to as many toxins as possible....got my fillings removed, got my root canal removed, threw away every RX I had in my bathroom (except thyroid) and never looked back. My health improved. :)

Are you taking anything for the yeast? I heard that diflucan is good?

I took Diflucin a few times but not in the past few years. It did nothing for me. I dont think yeast is a major issue for me anymore (after getting really strict with avoiding phenols).

Dr. M. had said that ALL prescription drugs put the liver to work.....including Nystatin. Diflucin REALLY puts the liver to work so now that I'm aware of these issues I wouldnt consider taking it myself. I just dont see myself taking any pharmaceuticals unless absolutely necessary.

mftnchn Explorer
Everyone,

paula

Paula I think Vit D is a crucial piece. It dramatically impacts the immune system. This should be covered by your insurance.

Sherry

nora-n Rookie

Here they are concerned about homeopathics and EMF's : <a href="Open Original Shared Link Advertisement/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=073502" target="external ugc nofollow">Open Original Shared Link Advertisement/ubb/ultimatebb.ph...ic;f=1;t=073502</a> but I think one could just buy some EMF fabric and wrap around the homeopathics. If you wrap it around your cell phone, it loses all signals ....there are several sites that sell that fabric, even here in europe. A site sells paint (it washes off).

I pasted in the url from the lymeflash topic, why is is changed to lame advertisement???

You get the genes from your parents...one chromosome from each parent.

This is how the results look:

- - = negative

+ - = positive

+ + = positive

I had ++ on one of the P-450 genes

I had + - on another

The COMT gene was + -

The NAT2 gene was + -

The GSTM1 gene was absent (Glutathione s-transferase)

There was a total of 17 other genes which were -- (negative)

To me its not at all shocking that there is a genetic component to all of this....I think its the main reason why some people get sick and other people are fine even with the same exposures. I was surprised at how many things showed up....especially after being programmed to not expect anything significant to come back in my test results. I'm just used to not getting clear answers.

I'm ordering the test in the next few days...so it just depends on how long it takes to get to me and then how long it takes me to complete it, ship it and get the results back.

I will probably not see Dr. P. until I have these results in because I think it might change the way we go about treating me (if anything shows up in this test).

I've only had it checked in my Spectracell test....but personally, I dont feel that those results were helpful because what is there and what is being utilized are two different things.

Oknow all the gene stuff comes back to me lol. I told you my brain is not working most days without a little push to get it working lol''

Is the gene test just an swab test, or is it some other way?

That is true about the vitamin D, im sure i would be deficient cause i know when im outside i feel better then in the winter when we are below 0 all winter lol.

Paula I think Vit D is a crucial piece. It dramatically impacts the immune system. This should be covered by your insurance.

Sherry

Well im sure i am deficient cause of the cold weather in colorado this time of year. I bet in the summer it would be normal and the winter it would be low. Maybe i will just a small bit into my body and see how i feel.

Everyone,

I just wanted to say I am so hungry. I had to fast last night to do my test. I cant wait to do the blood part in 10 minutes then I can eat. Well that is if i dont pass out when i see blood lol

Has anyone talked to donna lately?

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Is the gene test just an swab test, or is it some other way?

Its a blood test......I had my blood drawn at the doctors office for it.

This next one I can do myself because they only require a pin prick. I'm ordering the kit myself.

mslee Apprentice

sorry guys I have a hard time keeping up in this thread!

Carla I am so glad the treatments have helped you! Thank you for posting you blog, very exciting & interesting!

Rachel so glad you have some answers! So the genetic defects were the root of everything? Does that explain your food intolerances? Are you really living off of peas & beef? Gosh that must be hard. When I start to feel bad for myself about my diet I will remember poor Rachel living off of peas and beef!

About vaccines, I got a few right before all this Lupus & autoimmune stuff flared up. I did not know it at the time but they are starting to considered them a trigger for Lupus.

Also I went to a Lupus supprt group last night, a woman there was talking about how there are big break thoughs showing Vit D used to help treat Lupus. Have not researched this yet but she said there is alot of info online about it. Just thought that was interesting, they have not come up with a new medication for lupus in 50 years!

I will be out of town for a week, San Diego anyone???

so may pop in but will probably get behind again! :)

Have a great week everyone!!! Hope you have good days!!!

oldee Newbie

Well I've been struggling for quite some time now. It doesnt matter what I eliminate I'm still sick. Its like it HAS to be something that is constantly in my system because I havent had a single symtom-free day for over 3 years now. Even when I limit myself to 2 safe foods I'm still having symptoms so basically nothing has worked. All meds or supplements have worsened my symptoms. All gluten-free packaged foods bother me. I toatlly eliminated casein and still have problems. It was only one supplement I was taking that had milk in it so I stopped taking it...felt better...started eating more foods and totally symptomatic again.

I want to tell you I did have a coworker who was corn intolerant. She had to be very careful about what she ate... I think the symptoms were mostly gastrointestinal but you know how that leads to other things. I personally don't eat the stuff because I read that it can be GMO.

I noticed you have heavy metal toxicity. That's interesting... I first started having symptoms after having 2 huge mercury fillings placed at the age of 18, these were # 7 and 8 for me, but I had even more in my baby teeth. 12 years later I've finally been diagnosed, but I distinctly remember the symptoms starting the same year as those fillings.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel so glad you have some answers! So the genetic defects were the root of everything? Does that explain your food intolerances? Are you really living off of peas & beef?

Yes.....it would be the root of everything because if you cant detox very well you are more susceptible to everything including toxicity, infections, chemical sensitivities, food intolerances, autoimmune disease, cancer and the list goes on.

The reason I have chemical sensitivities and massive food sensitivites is because my body and elimination organs are heavily burdened with toxins. I havent ever found a cause for multiple chemical sensitivities....other than toxicity. That part is nothing new.

I just didnt have an answer as to WHY my body had such difficulty detoxing. Was it because of Lyme? Was it because mercury caused some critical enzymes to stop functioning? Do I have a genetic susceptibilty? A combination of everything?

Its almost always multifactorial..... many things play a role......but underneath it all I think genetics play the biggest role in who gets sick and who doesnt.

All of the doctors I've seen have said that there more than likely IS a genetic component involved.....but I just really didnt understand what that might mean until I started researching it more.

Many people live with Lyme all their life and never develop symptoms....everyone is exposed to mercury but not everyone ends up with multiple chemical sensitivities....most kids get vaccinated but only some develop autism. The reason some people get sick and some people dont is because some of us are more susceptible.

I think its usually a combination of genetic weaknesses + toxic exposures. Without the toxic exposures the genetic weaknesses dont lead to illness....and without the genetic weaknesses people are much more capable of handling the toxic exposures. Although, sometimes the toxic exposures can be significant enough to cause damage even without a genetic predisposition.

I've always believed that those of us who are dealing with toxicity are having these problems due to impaired detoxification. If detoxification werent impaired we would not have these problems....we would not be sick.

That has always been my feeling but it doesnt really hit home until you *see* it in your own test results. It is still kind of surprising to me but I dont know if I'm more shocked by the results or by the fact that for the first time in 6 years I have the clearest answers??

I've had other "answers" that have come up.....but just nothing that was enough for me to stop looking into other possibilities. Nothing that in my opinion was enough to say...."ok, now I understand why this happened to me."

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi everyone!

I'm back and feeling great! I'm tired because yesterday I was up for 24 hours, so in a couple days I should feel pretty good. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Beef and peas??

Oh yeah....they've been a HUGE part of my diet the last year or so. :rolleyes:

Mostly the beef though....thats pretty much a constant. It has to be the organic grass fed stuff though. The peas come and go. I do eat other things here and there. I was eating brownies....TONS of them for a few months until they changed the ingredients. <_<

I'm always trying different things but I almost always react to anything new.....doesnt stop me from trying though. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi everyone!

I'm back and feeling great! I'm tired because yesterday I was up for 24 hours, so in a couple days I should feel pretty good. :)

Welcome back Carla!! We missed you. :)

I'm glad you're feeling good....thats GREAT to hear. Are you going to continue treating yourself now?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I noticed you have heavy metal toxicity. That's interesting... I first started having symptoms after having 2 huge mercury fillings placed at the age of 18, these were # 7 and 8 for me, but I had even more in my baby teeth. 12 years later I've finally been diagnosed, but I distinctly remember the symptoms starting the same year as those fillings.

Hi oldee. :)

I do have a big heavy metal burden. My original post about corn was in early 2006.....so alot of discoveries about my health have been made since then.

Mercury is a major immunosuppressant......its not surprising that symptoms appeared after having two big fillings placed. :(

I'm glad you were finally able to get your Celiac diagnosis....and are now on the road to recovery. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
MCS is not generally recognized by mainstream medicine. A scientific council of the American Medical Association has urged that MCS not be considered a recognized diagnosis. Nonetheless, an increasing amount of literature has documented that many people in the United States and elsewhere have developed a similar set of symptoms that they and some of their physicians attribute to an extreme sensitivity to natural and synthetic chemical "incitants."

Proponents of MCS believe the syndrome is relatively new and is related to the exponential growth in the number of synthetic organic compounds in the past 50 years. The medical community has remained largely skeptical, in part because MCS has never been reliably linked to objective physical examination findings or to abnormal laboratory values.

I'm betting that they arent looking at how well one person's body can handle this increase in toxic chemicals....compared to the next person.

How can this be determined in a physical examination :huh: ......and what types of labwork are they running?? Obviously, impaired detoxification isnt something that they test for. Apparantly they dont even consider that some people have genetic variations that would render them less capable of handling the neverending increase of toxic chemicals placed on the market.

Mainstream medicine still considers this to be a "mental" thing. :rolleyes:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Welcome back Carla!! We missed you. :)

I'm glad you're feeling good....thats GREAT to hear. Are you going to continue treating yourself now?

Thanks. :) I missed you guys, too.

I have a couple more Lyme treatments to do to finish what Dr. W wanted me to do. Then I'll treat something else ... maybe mold? I want to treat as much as I can before I use my own blood. :) Then I use my blood at 25% strength of the light.

My family has noticed a difference in me and they've only seen me with the jet lag .... 6 hour time difference, plus I was up for 24 hours yesterday after only 3 hours of sleep the night before. I slept 10 hours last night, and hope to sleep tonight without an alarm .... this morning I had to get up.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have a couple more Lyme treatments to do to finish what Dr. W wanted me to do. Then I'll treat something else ... maybe mold? I want to treat as much as I can before I use my own blood. :) Then I use my blood at 25% strength of the light.

Can you treat the co-infections with it? Yeah....mold seems like a good one to start with!

I'm glad that you got to do some ART while you were there. :)

I had plans to have ART later on this month....but I'm thinking it might be better to wait until after I've been taking some of my supplements for at least a few weeks. That way we can see if anything is changing. I havent even started taking anything yet because I still need to be desensitzed to them first.

My family has noticed a difference in me and they've only seen me with the jet lag .... 6 hour time difference, plus I was up for 24 hours yesterday after only 3 hours of sleep the night before. I slept 10 hours last night, and hope to sleep tonight without an alarm .... this morning I had to get up.

Get some sleep!! :P

carla,

Glad you are back and im glad you are doing so much better. Yes, treat that mold, you want that gone forever.

Rachel,

That is cool its a finger prick. I finger pricked my finger this morning and it is killing me, i cant type with my right hand lol.

I know if i dont start getting better getting rid of my gi problems, i will look into the gene test that you have done. Of ocurse then i will have to go to california and have u dr tell me what they mean lol.

paula

nora-n Rookie

They have studied the p450 gene variants, but mostly because it affects a lot of drugs and drug interactions. Just google it , or CYP450. Any GP has to study it because it can kill the patients, like if the patient has two of the same variant of this gene and has to start on coumadin....and the interactions because of macrolides and some other meds are severe too.

Nurses have to learn about CYP 450 in their curriculum too.

Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

but in rachel's case, this is about things ending in MCS and lots of people have that, me too.

This part is not studied so much as the presction meds part....

There are more things involved than just the cyp450 as far as I remember.

The different variants have different names

Maybe I should consider getting tested next year for something (after getting HLA DQ tested)

ShadowSwallow Newbie

I was a bad girl for Halloween. :ph34r:

I ate a Twix bar. A gluten, casein, and soy challenge in one convenient little package! :lol: And I feel fine. I'm having a few reactions, but those are more my psychosomatic reactions (stupid anxiety :lol:). ;) It's very exciting. I'm not going to make this a regular thing until after I start the allergy shots, but it's nice to see I can tolerate it moderately without them. :lol:

Also, report on my last LED: treated again for aluminum and gold groups. And I started on some heavy-duty detox support stuff. It put me to sleep for the first few days (so I took a day off), and after that I haven't had any detox reaction to it. :)

Rachel, I'm so glad you've finally found out what *it* is you're chasing. :D

Sara

Archived