• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

ok so im doing fine gluten free but i got some gluten free cereal then realized that i cant have milk because i am slightly lactose and since i am still healing i am incredibably lactose. I have a feeling i may be allergic to soy since whenever i use a product with soy in it i get sick almost 10 minutes afterwards. Is there any other options that dont use soy and that are a good idea??

ok so im doing fine gluten free but i got some gluten free cereal then realized that i cant have milk because i am slightly lactose and since i am still healing i am incredibably lactose. I have a feeling i may be allergic to soy since whenever i use a product with soy in it i get sick almost 10 minutes afterwards. Is there any other options that dont use soy and that are a good idea??

you could get lactose free milk, or take lactaid (the lactase enzyme that will digest the milk sugar that your body can't digest on its own). or you could try rice milk, almost milk, or a nut milk. vance's dari-free is an option as well, based on potatoes, but you would have to mail order it.

you could get lactose free milk, or take lactaid (the lactase enzyme that will digest the milk sugar that your body can't digest on its own). or you could try rice milk, almost milk, or a nut milk. vance's dari-free is an option as well, based on potatoes, but you would have to mail order it.

Vance's is by far the best tasting and one of the cheapest per quart. IMO at least ;)

http://www.vancesfoods.com/

I use Vance's also, and agree it is the best tasting that I have tried. Good texture, too--not too thin. The only drawback for me is that I have to order by mail--no stores anywhere near me carry it. I also use it dry as a creamer in my tea.

I use Pacific Plain Rice Milk for cereal and I can't tell the difference.

Everyone tastes are dif, I found the Pacfic Rice milk way to sweet for ceral/etc.

For cooking/baking I foudn subbing fruit juice for milk, 1 for 1, works extremly well.