• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

jkmunchkin

I Made A Cheesecake

Rate this topic

I ended up finding the recipe for Junior's Cheesecake, which was my favorite cheesecake. Instead of making the spongecake layer on the bottom I took gluten-free ginger snap cookies and pecans and crumbled them up in the food processor to make a bottom.

I made it for my brother's birthday who is also celiac and everyone loved it; there was not even a tiny piece left!!!!

I've never made any type of cake (or any other baked good) unless it's a pre-made mix, like Namaste - so I'm so proud of myself.

I really missed cheesecake since going gluten-free. I had a recipe for those really cute mini cheesecakes that you make in the muffin tins. Well, the crust originally is one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each muffin liner- and obviously I can't eat vanilla wafers so I improvised. I used 2 cups (which was a little too much) of Envirokids vanilla cookies, that were processed in a food processor. I mixed it with some butter and sugar and tada! I put a tablespoon in each muffin liner- and put the cheesecake in and MMM, it was amazing!!! All of my Non-gluten-free friends and family LOVED them!

Or maybe it was just the fact that it was cheesecake... <_<