• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

kozmik bloo

Spokane, Wa And Blanchard, Id

Rate this topic

My husband and I are going on our honeymoon at a resort in Blanchard, ID. We will be flying into Spokane, WA and then driving to ID. Does anyone know of any grocery stores in either of these areas that have a good selection of gluten-free food? We will have a kitchen in our unit and I would like to be able to cook while we're there instead of taking the chance of eating out a lot.

My husband and I are going on our honeymoon at a resort in Blanchard, ID. We will be flying into Spokane, WA and then driving to ID. Does anyone know of any grocery stores in either of these areas that have a good selection of gluten-free food? We will have a kitchen in our unit and I would like to be able to cook while we're there instead of taking the chance of eating out a lot.

I wasn't gluten free when I was there, so I didn't pay much attention, but you might have some luck at Huckleberry's, which is an organic food store, kind of like Trader Joe's: http://www.huckleberrysnaturalmarket.com/

(This is in Spokane)

Sorry I did not see your post before and don't know when your trip is planned. Thought I would respond anyway just in case.

If you will be staying in Blanchard then check out the Rocky Mountain Specialty Food in Hayden, ID. It is the only gluten-free specialty store in the region. Lots of us from Spokane drive over to shop there since they have more selection than any single store here and some things not in any store in town.

Huckleberries as mentioned is also good but it can be time consuming to find the products which are mostly spread throughout the store. They provide a Gluten-free list of products but it is usually out of date.

Enjoy your trip!