This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Naturals

floridanative

floridanative Community Regular

I posted a while ago regarding this company, based in NJ and no one replied they they'd tried the products. This company is small and has four (I think) mixes. I had their brownies and they are wonderful, just like regular brownies. But what I really wanted to try was the pizza crust because the lady that brought the brownies to our meeting sort of giggled when I asked her if it was as good as Chebe mix. To paraphrase her she said 'it's like real pizza so yes it's better than Chebe.

I finally ordered the pancake and pizza mixes and my shipment arrived today. There were three mixes in the box but I knew I did not order three of anything. On my invoice, in addition to what I ordered was a cookie mix and by the cost was $0.00. Yes they sent me a free full size mix so I could try it. Obviously this is a great marketing technique since I like it I'll order more but I have ordered from at least 10 gluten free online vendors and no one ever sent me anything for free. Sadly as I had leftovers for dinner I could not try the pizza tonight. I'll make it tomorrow and report back after. This line is sold in NJ area in certain stores. Check out their website for that info - www.gfnaturals.com. Their items contain soy (or what I got does) but several are gluten and casien free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Tiffany,

How nice of them to include that mix for free!

I checked out their site--unfortunately, they use tapioca and soy--so none for me :(

The kicker is that they are available at Lois's Health Cupboard--which is 3 miles from me!

Enjoy your goodies :D

Tiffany,

How nice of them to include that mix for free!

I checked out their site--unfortunately, they use tapioca and soy--so none for me :(

The kicker is that they are available at Lois's Health Cupboard--which is 3 miles from me!

Enjoy your goodies :D

I know....I figured it was available in your area but I knew you couldn't have it. Well you never know if you can add some things in later and if not, well none of us really ever needs a pizza or pancakes now do we? :lol: I find that now that I'm off gluten I don't crave the carbs like before. It's truly amzing to me.

mamaw Community Regular

I purchased the pizza mix awhile ago. I have a friend who use to work for me for many years, she lives in a secluded area. she called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me about her very ill adult son.Oddly enough she did not know about my family & celiacs so when she was trying to explain this I came out & asked if he had celiacs.she was so shocked that I ever heard of it... anyway she was beside her self trying to help her son . So I sent her a large gluten-free sample package of things I have been using for my family. I sent her my package of the pizza mix so please let me know how it is. I bought it in another state& will be going back in a month or so.If it is really good I'll buy another .....

thanks

mamaw

Okay - made the pizza to directions. It smelled funny after the milk, egg and olive oil were added. As it had rice flour which can spoil, I always smell the mix before using. I have a very keen sense of smell (the kind that forcee me to move in the movie theatre when someone bathed in perfume sits near me) and I still don't know what the smell well smelled like. So DH comes home and says 'what's burning?' to which I reply nothing, the new pizza mix just smells funny. It was ready way before the instructions said to cook but luckily I checked 15 minutes early. It was lovely and golden brown. I took it out, topped with sauce, cheese and pep. and baked another 5 mintues. It was the best tasting mix I've made but I could not stand the smell. I figure it must be the soy flour but that's just a guess. So I would not order this mix again just becasue of that. The taste and texture was the best pizza crust I've had except for the one from Foods by George.

I'm making the cookies this weekend so I'll post how those are next week.

mamaw Community Regular

thanks for the head's up on the pizza. I like george's pizza too.. so I might just stick with it..

mamaw

mamaw - where do you get F by G pizza. My local store has the cheese pizza with the sauce but I'd like to make my own so I can have varied types. Do you order the cases of frozen crusts and if so from where?

Now, about the cookies from this line. Even though I did not mix to specifications (still learning to bake) these cookies came out wonderful. 'Normal' consistency, great taste and the best part is they do not get hard when they cool. If you like roll cut and bake cookies, you'll like these. Pamela's is my number one cookie mix but hubby can't do those with the dark chocolate so gluten-free Naturals is nice as another option that he can enjoy too. The company told me they freeze well so I froze half the batch I made. I'll post how they are later. My gluten eating hubby will surely be asking me to defrost them soon.......he thinks they are the best gluten-free cookie since he's never had Pamela's.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

I get my crusts from a little store near me and I also think Whole Foods may carry them.........

They have a website so I bet you could order them directly by the case...

You might check out the gluten-free trader also for them. I buy Amy's things by the case & waffles but that's about all. I have three freezers in my house & i need anyone just to store all this. I travel at least 1 1/2 hours one way to get stuff....its just plain crazy but with the kids I or they get so tired of eating the same stuff plus the little four year ols is not a good eater because he alway got sick when he put food in his mouth so now he just picks.Starting kindergarden in a few days & i don't know how he's ever going to finish his lunch in a 1/2 hour.......

I do have a good recipe for a crust but I don't alway have the time to make them..

blessings

mamaw

Archived