Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiffjake

Any Bartenders?

K's cider is gluten free. Can be found in six packs at many grocery stores.

Elonwy

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

Edit: I wanted to add, I'm super sensitive (kissed a boy last night who drank a Guinness and it made me sick-arg!) and I've yet to have trouble at the bar. I do watch them make it and check ingredients on new things. They're usually pretty patient with me, though I do get funny looks.

You may have gotten sick :( but at least you got some sugar from the guy! :-)

Anybody know if Jameson Irish Whiskey is safe? If it's not safe anybody know of any safe Irish Whiskey alternatives??

~Turtle~

Turtle, I am an avid Jameson drinker and I don't seem to have any problems (except, of course, on those nites when I consume all too much alcohol in general and just get hungover). Then again, I'm also a supporter of the 'triple distilled theory,' in that any of the malt should've been distilled out three times over. And I will continue to support this theory until I am proven wrong through an excrutiating gluten reaction.

Olalisa, all of Woodchuck's draft ciders are gluten-free, but their webiste doesn't say anything about the bottled product. That's another one of my favoite alternatives when I have a drink after (okay, after, during or before) work.

-Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Turtle, I am an avid Jameson drinker and I don't seem to have any problems (except, of course, on those nites when I consume all too much alcohol in general and just get hungover). Then again, I'm also a supporter of the 'triple distilled theory,' in that any of the malt should've been distilled out three times over. And I will continue to support this theory until I am proven wrong through an excrutiating gluten reaction.

Olalisa, all of Woodchuck's draft ciders are gluten-free, but their webiste doesn't say anything about the bottled product. That's another one of my favoite alternatives when I have a drink after (okay, after, during or before) work.

-Courtney

ALL Woodchuck Ciders are gluten-free...

So are all Ace ciders

Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy

We'll all float on, alright

Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

I'm a Bushmills fan. Triple distilled. Good stuff.

Elonwy

Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05

Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05

gluten-free since 7/23/05

Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

Penguin,

ALL meaning bottled and draft Woodchuck? That would make sense, but I've learned time and time again that you can NEVER be too sure about gluten.

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Penguin,

ALL meaning bottled and draft Woodchuck? That would make sense, but I've learned time and time again that you can NEVER be too sure about gluten.

Yep, every single product of theirs is gluten-free, bottles and on tap. The draft part in this case is confusing, because they call all their products (regardless of packaging) Woodchuck Draft Cider.

Here's their faq: http://www.woodchuck.com/Information/FAQs/...84/Default.aspx

B)

Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy

We'll all float on, alright

Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

Thanks for the cider brand names....can't wait to go shopping later! :)

dx by blood test and biopsy April 2006.

gluten free since, and avoiding dairy.

ok.. so i am a bartender at a VERY busy bar.

Pink, what about stuff like Kahlua and my favorite, Bailey's or Carolyn's. I've been dying to have a nip but have no idea if they're okay...????

Lauralee

Diagnosed Celiac's March/05

Diagnosed Lyme Disease March/07

2 out of 4 children gluten intolerant

husband not tested

whole family gluten free

If it's not made in a dedicated gluten free environment, it's NOT gluten free...it's "gluten not intentionally added!!!"