Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarplayer4God

Paint Ball

Hi, my church youthgroup is going to a harvest fest and they have paintball there you can play and I was wondering is it ok to play paint ball? I went last year (this was before I found out I was a celiac) and I had to wear a helmet type mask thing over my head and face that other people have worn..Is it safe to wear the helmet mask thing?

Thanks!

Beth

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well it's safer than getting shot in the face with a paintball! Those can hurt. If you are worried, maybe bring a bandana and wear that under the mask somehow or buy one of those disposable air masks to wear under.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

And be sure to not take the mask off for any reason whatsoever until the game is stopped. My husband's uncle lost an eye when he removed his goggles for a split second and got hit with a paintball. It was VERY painful!!! Now he only has vision in one eye.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

O yea!!! Paintball rocks..go for it

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com