Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Kathy Ann

What's Allowed?

Guest Kathy Ann

I am a newly diagnosed celiac person participating on this board. I manufacture an all natural line of bar soaps that just happen to also be completely gluten free.

There are occasionally questions asked on the board about where to get safe gluten free soaps. I have hesitated to chime in because I certainly don't want to break any rules.

Please tell me what I am allowed to say, if anything.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Kathy Ann,

I copied rule #2 from the forum rules/guidelines--

Do not promote your own business, Web site or products--even if they offer free services.

We're very happy to have you here, though -- feel free to ask any questions you may have or join into the discussions! There is a ton of good information here, and lots of nice people who are very knowledgeable about Celiac and the gluten-free diet.

Welcome :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Welcome, and really I don't have a clue but I would think that if you would like to advertise your product you should contact Scott, it is his board. :)

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

If someone asks what brands are glutenfree, I think you could state your brand, just don't say it is yours. You could also email someone about it, if they have that feature enabled.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

would it be admissable to state that you sell a gluten free product and if someone is interested they can pm you for more info??

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

Kathy Ann,

While I'm not the official last word here (that would be Scott, admin), I can't think of any reason why you can't have people email you about your soaps. After all, those emails and PM's are private anyway. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I don't know what Scott charges for the ads on the side (Bob's Red Mill always has one going), and if you could afford that. But that would be one way of doing it. Or having a special event (like a sale), you could then advertise it in the calendar on this board.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------