Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Natlay

What Should I Do?

These last few days have been horrible. Went off gluten in march, dairy free for years, and went off soy and corn about a month or so ago. Was doing mostly ok eating just fruit, vegetables, and meat as all grains seemed to upset my stomach. But then suddenly I have had D for the past few days no matter what I eat. And I'm losing weight again...just when I had finally started to get back to normal. I'm trying to get a doctor's appointment, but that's going to take a while. Would it be that bad to just not eat today? It's not like anything is staying in anyway :blink: I just don't know what else the problem could be...I've cut out every food I can think of that would be the problem and I am very careful about the things that I do eat (very paranoid about cc :P ) Oh yeah...and I've only slept about 2 hours each night.

Help!! Any ideas?

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How do you feel otherwise? Could it be a virus? It's that time of year...

Maybe stick with liquids like broth and diluted juices for a day or so and see how you feel. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I feel completely fine otherwise...my stomach is the only problem, so I don't think I'm sick.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

could easily be a stomach virus. they often only give GI distress.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I don't take any vitamins or any medications. I've been eating well lately but I don't think I'm absorbing what I'm eating because (sorry...tmi) I can tell what I just ate after I go to the bathroom.

How are your soluble and insoluble fiber intake levels? Without any grains those might be way off balance. Just a wild guess on my part, but can't hurt to mention it.

When you say all grains upset your stomach; what would happen? Or should I not ask that question? :lol: Did you try millet? I read it's supposed to be very easy to digest, nutritious, and very few people are allergic to it.

Depending on the way certain foods like grains effect you, another possibility might be a nutrient deficiency. For instance, vitamin B12 is important for the digestion of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. I've read that Celiacs are often deficient in this vitamin, which would help explain why so many find high fat/carb/protein foods troublesome. You will find some interesting threads by searching the board for "methylcobalamin", which is one form of B12.

I'm sure there are numerous possibilities though, and others may have suggestions which can help you pin down the trouble. Just try not to get caught up in addressing only the symptom (the D), but to locate the cause.

Hope you get relief soon!

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I think my fiber intake is pretty good. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit. It seems like all grains make me feel very bloated...my stomach sticks out a few inches farther than normal. I never thought of a nutrient deficiency...I'll have to look into that. I can tolerate the D...the worst part is that bloated uncomfortable feeling.

Your body cannot heal if you are not sleeping. I took melatonin when I was sleep deprived and it helped me so much. I always make chicken soup to calm things down and an epson salt bath. The magnesium in in will relax you and your muscles so you sleep better.

I am also on no grains. If grains bother you - I would not eat them.

I also eliminated corn. That bothers me.

I also avoid nightshades, soy, dairy except sourcream , butter, yogurt.

Are you drinking good water?

Hope you feel better. :)

Lee