Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetfudge

Funny Stomach Ache...

so, i don't know if this is related to my antibiotics or if it's gluten or dairy related...but my stomach has been aching the last two days, and that's about the only symptom, beside bloating (or else i'm getting fatter <_< ). I feel kinda shaky too, but i don't think it's blood sugar related. Usually when I'm glutened, I get bad gas and C...now I feel more like the gas is stuck inside me...ah, it's driving me nuts!

Any suggestions?

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My daughter caught a virus that made her feel like that. The doc said it would take a couple of weeks to pass.

Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

so, i don't know if this is related to my antibiotics or if it's gluten or dairy related...but my stomach has been aching the last two days, and that's about the only symptom, beside bloating (or else i'm getting fatter <_< ). I feel kinda shaky too, but i don't think it's blood sugar related. Usually when I'm glutened, I get bad gas and C...now I feel more like the gas is stuck inside me...ah, it's driving me nuts!

Any suggestions?

Dear Sweetfudge,

It might be a virus, but I have had that trouble with antibiotics. If it is in your lower abdomen, especially. I caught a virus a while back, and I got bad diarrhea and sort of queasy, but the colon trouble was rough for about four days. The bloating and aching is more likely to be antibiotic related in my opinion. I am experiencing that myself right now, because I am on Flagyl. You could have an overgrowth of Yeast in your system from the antibiotics. That can irritate stomach problems or cause them.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. My stomach is swollen as well. I feel fat.

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

if you can tolerate it, eat a yogurt with each anti-biotich. Helps coat the stomach & prevents the yeast infections that can pop up.

Misdiagnosed with Duardinitis & Endometriosis

Diagnosed after 6 yrs & 4 Doc and every test known to man

Diagnosed October 2004

Anemic as a teen

Small Stature

Dental Issues

Constant Headaches

Joint Pain

Mood Swings

Lethargy

All those disappeared after eliminating Gluten