Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cycler

Glutino Bagels - Great!

Has anyone else bought Glutino Bagels? They are unbelievably like the real thing! (And I know bagels! I lived about 5 blocks from a bagel bakery and almost every Saturday Night at about 1 A.M. we'd buy them right out of the oven and then we went to an appetizing store for fresh lox and creamcheese!)

But it's important not to defrost these before baking - they don't come out right if you do.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We love Glutino bagels in our house!! We eat them at least twice a week. This may sound silly, but how do you pop them in the toaster without defrosting them firs. I usually put them in the microwave for a minute then slice and toast. Is there a better way? I would love to know!

Cali

Cali

Here to support and cook for:

Jared (Husband with Celiac.) diagnosed and gluten free since Nov.2005

Abby ( 6 yrs old) diagnosed with celiac and gluten free since Nov.2005

Griffin (4 yrs old) not diagnosed but gluten free since Nov. 2005

The cinnamon-raisin bread is to die for as well. It makes the best toast, something I've missed terribly. I stood in the frozen food section for about 20 minutes trying to decide if I wanted to spend that much money on a loaf of bread I figured I was most likely going to pitch but what a nice suprise. I have found Glutino products to be really good for the most part.

Amy

Diagnosed by biopsy with DH August 2005

Diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism December 2005

Diagnosed by biopsy with Celiac July 2006

We eat Glutino for almost all our gluten-free alternatives. (this includes bread, pasta and crackers). We prefer the "corn bread" which is not corn at all but white sandwich bread made with corn starch not corn meal. When toasted it has the taste and texture of sourdough. It is also lighter than the other breads we tried. The pasta tastes fine also (we prefer the spirals). Just tried some crackers made with a bean flour and they had the taste and crunch of traditional crackers. I have tried the bagels also. About a week ago the bread and crackers were on sale for $1.99 each at the local health food store. We should have bought more.

Tom

I didn't care for the glutino bagels, but maybe it's b/c I defrosted them first - I still have a few in my freezer so I'll have to try them your way :)

Anyone tried Trader Joe's gluten-free bagels in the fresh bread section? We just got a TJs and they have gluten-free bagels and bread that is NOT frozen - I couldn't believe it! Just wondering if they are worth getting.

The cinnamon-raisin bread is to die for as well. It makes the best toast, something I've missed terribly. I stood in the frozen food section for about 20 minutes trying to decide if I wanted to spend that much money on a loaf of bread I figured I was most likely going to pitch but what a nice suprise. I have found Glutino products to be really good for the most part.

I saw the cinnamon-raisin bread and did exactly what you did! But I didn't buy it - I bought the bages instead.

Is the bread ok if you don't toast it? I really want a bread that doesn't need toasting but that tastes real.

Where do you buy Glutino Bagels?

You can buy them online at www.shopbydiet.com. They also have TONS of other gluten free products. Free shipping over $100. they have weekly sales too. I think Tinkyada pasta is on sale right now.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

my local health food store has both the American and English Glutino bagels. the US version has dairy and the UK version is dairy free. the US bagel is aslo bigger and in my opinion tastes better. my brother who is also dairy intolerant eats the UK version all the time.