Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jlynn

Collagenous Colitis

Hello,

I am newyly diagnosed with Celiac Sprue, but I also have Collagenous Colits. Is there anyone out there who has also dealt or is dealing with this? What did you eat when first diagnosed? the doc won't give me anything to stop the "going to the bathroom" episodes. Does diet really work?

Thank you

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There is a really good forum (I can't remember the site offhand) about your type of colitis. Google "colitis" and "persky farms".....you'll find it. It is wonderful. I'm not discouraging you from our site at ALL! but they are really knowlegable about the other part of your diagnosis.

(I was tested for it this summer, so I know a little bit about it....it seems that there is not a one size fits all diet for CC sufferers. I'm sure that they will probably suggest an elimination diet to see what works for you.)

Best of luck, and I hope you find some relief. Does immodium help at all?

Laura

There is a really good forum (I can't remember the site offhand) about your type of colitis. Google "colitis" and "persky farms".....you'll find it. It is wonderful. I'm not discouraging you from our site at ALL! but they are really knowlegable about the other part of your diagnosis.

(I was tested for it this summer, so I know a little bit about it....it seems that there is not a one size fits all diet for CC sufferers. I'm sure that they will probably suggest an elimination diet to see what works for you.)

Best of luck, and I hope you find some relief. Does immodium help at all?

Laura

thanks for the info, i will check it out. Immodium does not help me, but maybe I need to take more than the normal dose.?