Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pineahead

Is Proactiv Solution Skin Care Gluten Free?

I use the cleanser, toner, mask and am thinking about the green tea lotion. Does anyone else use these products and know if they are safe? I pulled the product ingredient listings and none of them appear to be gluten containing, but I am not a chemist and am just not sure.,....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use the Proactiv system, and their products are gluten-free according to their handout that comes with it when you buy the system. But, I only use the three products that come in the pack (and the mask that came with it, too), so I'm not sure about the other products, but I would think they would be gluten-free, too. You could always call them about the other products, if you're unsure, but I would bet they are gluten-free, too, but I don't want to say something that's incorrect.

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

I use the Proactiv system, and their products are gluten-free according to their handout that comes with it when you buy the system. But, I only use the three products that come in the pack (and the mask that came with it, too), so I'm not sure about the other products, but I would think they would be gluten-free, too. You could always call them about the other products, if you're unsure, but I would bet they are gluten-free, too, but I don't want to say something that's incorrect.

Does anyone know if Proactiv is still gluten free? I have been using them for years. But I am now starting to be careful with cosmetics and I have to go buy a cleanser tonic lotion package. On their website this is what they say:

Are the products Gluten-free?

In accordance with the Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association (CTFA), Gluten is listed as Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Gluten. This ingredient is not found in any Proactiv

May 2009: IgG abnormal (not tested for full panel)

Sept 2009: Negative blood tests (I was on and off gluten)

Sept 21 2009: gluten free

Sept 21 2011: gluten free for 2 full years

Dec 2012: chronic fatigue and leaky gut.

Feb 2012: IgG reactions to almond, amaranth, sesame, sunflower, dairy, eggs, beans and of course gluten.

March 2012: modified GAPS diet.