Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Electra

Endoscopy Pics!

Ok so I know you guys probably can't tell by the endoscopy pics alone, but the doctor said there was some unusual irritation and there were these little bumps that he was suspicious of. We should have the official results of the microscope analysis within 3-4 days!! Any opinions?

ElectraEndoscopy.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/mom2...raEndoscopy.jpg

~~Angie~~

DX'd With Narcolepsy In 1995

Dx'ed With Celiac On 12-18-06

Positive Biopsy On 2-1-07

DX'd With Pernicious Anemia 4-24-07

Daughter Has DH, so I suspect she also has Celiac!!

"If Alcoholism was Celiac Disease they would make us drink ourselves into kidney failure before they would admit we had the disease"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I perform basic cytology in clinic on pets - impression smears and needle aspirates...you can never tell visually by endoscopy what is going on at a cellular level. You need a microscope and special stains. Its hard but you wont know until histopathology reports come back.

What is evident visually is inflammation and damage to the intestinal wall. I can't tell if the images are from the antrum , the duodenum or how far down the small intestine. If it is just past the outlet for the stomach then it could be acid damage from stomach acid (duodentitis)...or celiac (denuded intestinal wall is often inflammed). There are other conditions that cause malabsorbtion - only way is to examine biopsies. (Lymphocytic/eosinophilic enteritis is one condition we see).

I know you're anxious...we are waiting on blood test results for Lupus and I want to hang around the fax machine at the doctors office til they come in but apparently that would be considered a little whacko... :huh:;):D

Let us know what they say.

Sandy

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

daughter is: age 15

central hypotonia and developmental delay

balance issues (rides an adult 3 wheel bike)

hypothyroid 1996

dermatographia - a form of angioedema 2002

celiac 2004 - by endoscopy

diagnosed Aspergers at age 7 - responded very well (HUGE difference) to gluten-free diet

recovered from Kawasaki (2003)

lactose intolerant - figured out in Oct/06

Gilberts syndrome (April/07)

allergy to stinging insects

scoliosis Jan 2008

nightshade intolerance - figured out April 2008

allergy to Sulfa antibiotics

son is 13

type 1 diabetic - 2003 diagnosed on his 9th birthday

celiac - 2004 by endoscopy

lactose intolerant - figured out Nov/06

I just have to giggle here.... this post, oddly enough, reminded me of the first time I met my husband's parents.

His mother was very excited to meet me... and she wanted to share all sorts of things from Dh's life with me. One of the first things she showed me was photos from an endoscopy that he'd had as a teenager. I had trouble sleeping that night, LOL!!!

The pics from the endoscopy, alone, won't really tell you much at all with regards to Celiac. The information is going to be found in the actual biopsies. I know it's hard to wait for an answer... and I hope you have yours soon!

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

one of my daughters had white bumps similar to those. the doc told us it was either food allergies or a fungal infection. it turned out to be a fungal infection.

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene