Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neerdowell

Seeking 'aware' Gastroenterologist: El Paso, Tx

my parents are finally willing to try avoiding gluten and dairy after my poor father just this weekend had his stomach perforated while his doctor was trying to 'stretch' his esophagus due to hiatal hernia. he will be intravenously fed in the hospital now for quite some time but i need to jump on their new willingness to consider food intolerances as causing many of his inflammatory, phlegm, and itching problems. please, advise me. i am afraid he will get much worse without altering his diet, especially during the healing phase. is there such thing as gluten and casein free intravenous food? thanks for 'listening'.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Get the name and the maker from the hospital and call the company. That is the best way to know for sure. Sorry to hear this happened to him and I hope he recovers soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)