Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tritty

Siesta Key, Fl

My sister in law just moved to Siesta Key and we are going to visit her at the end of the month. We are staying at a condo with my in laws - and my mother in law has been great. She said we'd go to the grocery together when we get there - she doesn't want to bring in any gluten to the condo unknowingly (I'm new at this - and so then is she!).

She told my father in law that if he wants a sandwich he can go make one in his car :) SHe's too funny...

Anyway, while on vacation - my inlaws LOVE to eat dinner out. They love fresh seafood and looking at the beach while eating it. I'm trying to plan ahead and find some restaraunts we can enjoy - since they're being so accomodating. Does anybody know of any?

Also, I have 3 small children - any ideas for snacks for them for the long car ride that are gluten free - since I won't be able to scrub my hands like I do at home...?

Thanks for all of your help!

Tritty (my childhood nickname....)

Age 31, Mommy of 3

Blood test positive for celiac 1/16/07

gluten-free since 1/16/07

Endoscopy 2/13/07 - small hiatal hernia, scalloped mucosa in 1st and 2nd part of duodenum, some erosion of the esophogus.

Two oldest kids - fine so far :)

My 17 mo old has eosinophilic esophogitis. Only showing milk allergy? So completely off dairy for time being to see if that is trigger...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My sister in law just moved to Siesta Key and we are going to visit her at the end of the month. We are staying at a condo with my in laws - and my mother in law has been great. She said we'd go to the grocery together when we get there - she doesn't want to bring in any gluten to the condo unknowingly (I'm new at this - and so then is she!).

She told my father in law that if he wants a sandwich he can go make one in his car :) SHe's too funny...

Anyway, while on vacation - my inlaws LOVE to eat dinner out. They love fresh seafood and looking at the beach while eating it. I'm trying to plan ahead and find some restaraunts we can enjoy - since they're being so accomodating. Does anybody know of any?

Also, I have 3 small children - any ideas for snacks for them for the long car ride that are gluten free - since I won't be able to scrub my hands like I do at home...?

HI -

Spent February there. There is a gluten-free bakery behind Capt Curt's in the ice cream shop near the bridge. - THeir baked goods is delicious and they do bread by special order. Also there are al the chains from Outback , Bonefish Grill, Carrabas, etc. that do gluten-free menus. GOod luck.

Thanks so much! That gluten-free bakery will be a huge help!!

Age 31, Mommy of 3

Endoscopy 2/13/07 - small hiatal hernia, scalloped mucosa in 1st and 2nd part of duodenum, some erosion of the esophogus.

My 17 mo old has eosinophilic esophogitis. Only showing milk allergy? So completely off dairy for time being to see if that is trigger...

OK - so my brother gave me a list of places they eat when they are there. Has anyone ever been to any of these:

Phillipi Creek

THe Old Salty Dog

Turtles

Just wondering if anyone has had a good gluten-free meal there...

Age 31, Mommy of 3