Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since I now live in a tiny town (3,400 population) and there are no gluten-free specialty foods (cookies, bread, etc) here for my son (not fiar to raise a 3year old with out cookies! sheesh!) I was wonder what seems to be the best online stores for a good variety of junk? Something with good shipping poilycs would be perfered.

I plan to poke around the store that supports this site (gluten free mall, but who else out there is good, reasonable prices, and had good selection?

Thanks!

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

shopbydiet.com is the best site I've found. Prices are decent and they have a HUGE selection. Shipping is free on orders over $100 too, so that's a big plus. I use them and kinnikinnick.com. With Kinnikinnick I place huge bread/cookie/donut/bagel/flour order and stock my freezer in the garage since shipping is $10 no matter how much you order. It's a pretty good deal if you order flour from them since that's so heavy.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Vincent! It's wonderful to see you pop in here! How is Timothy doing?

Hugs you all you guys.....

Here is a link that might help you out re on-line buying:

http://www.specialeats.com/shoppingResources.htm

Also, here is a Canadian company that has awesome stuff, and they ship to the US:

http://www.elpeto.com/index.html

Hugs.

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

kinnikinnick is very good. Though recently, I had trouble with the quality of many bread loaves. Terribly undercooked and useless. Couldn't remove the bread from the bag without it falling to crumbs. I contacted k and they reimbursed me for 9 loaves. I have since stopped ordering sandwich bread and rely instead, on their english muffins. They have cookies and donuts and pancake mix and crispy chicken coating and pizza crusts that my children enjoy from time to time. We ordered a bag of donuts for my older sons birthday. He had several friends sleep over. The kids all enjoyed the donuts for breakfast and none thought they were gluten free.

The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

Hi Vincent :D

I am lucky--we have lots of stores within a reasonable distance. I do have to use mail order for certain things, though.

I have used the Gluten Free Mall--their customer service is very good, and my orders always arrived within a day or two. The products were always in perfect shape when I received them.

The place I order from most is gluten free.com.

http://www.gluten free.com/home.aspx?CategoryCode=42

It's the Gluten Free Pantry site. I buy their pancake mix by the case. They will send you a catalogue with GFP and other brands they carry. Their service is very good, also.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AshokPrajapat
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics