Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
Juliebove

Hormel Beef Tamales

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do you have a listing of gluten free products?

We are providing the following list of products as a general guideline for those presently produced and distributed in the United States with formulas that do not contain gluten in the form of wheat, rye, oats, and barley. Although our products are labeled in compliance with government regulations, it is always necessary to read the labels on the products to determine if the food product meets your required needs. Parents and individuals with food allergies and/or food intolerances are responsible for reading the label of all products they intend to use regardless of how the product is represented on this site. If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-523-4635.

SHELF-STABLE FOODS Not Containing Gluten

Carapelli

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Thanks!

I do know that they are supposed to declare the wheat, however... I saw some stuff at Big Lots and it's not necessarily the freshest stuff. Or manufactured in this country. So that kind of worried me. Then I got to craving tamales. I know these are not the best tamales around, but given my food allergies, one that I'm not allergic to. I don't have to avoid gluten but my daughter does so I wanted to make sure before I bought them.

On 3/29/2007 at 4:39 PM, Juliebove said:

I know these are not the best tamales around, but given my food allergies, one that I'm not allergic to.

I actually prefer Hormel tamales over actual tamales*, and have for years before my diagnosis. They remind me of the little tamales I used to get at my favorite Chicago hot dog joint. That they were gluten-free was just a bonus.

*This is the highest form of blasphemy according to my wife.

59 minutes ago, davelog said:

I actually prefer Hormel tamales over actual tamales*, and have for years before my diagnosis. They remind me of the little tamales I used to get at my favorite Chicago hot dog joint. That they were gluten-free was just a bonus.

*This is the highest form of blasphemy according to my wife.

All of the above posts are more than 10 years old.  ingredients change over time, so please check for yourself before eating.