Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerryK

My Brother

So my brother calls me today and he's all excited. The doctor agreed to prescribe Cymbalta for him..

I asked if he liked it, he said "Yes, I don't wake up all stiff and sore in the morning". I'm like you know, perhaps if you'd cut back on the wheat products, it would help out your pain level.

He says, oh I haven't had any wheat in several days now...

So at this point I'm at a loss. If he wants to take Cymbalta to perhaps counteract the effects of wheat,

I guess it's his business. I personally think what he's eating is making him need the AD, but who am I except his DNA double..... <_<

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

Positive Dietary Response

Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06

Transglutaminase IgA Positive

Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wonder if he told this doctor that he has a twin with gluten intolerance? Jerry, I swear, ya gotta get him on this site.

That would be the fix, well, it may take some time as apparently you share the same scepticism.

Let us at'um :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I agree with Momma Goose in wondering if your brother told his doctor that his identical twin is gluten intolerant. There is nothing to stop you from calling his doctor's office and asking the your gluten intolerence be added to the family medical history.

Of course, there is the possibility that your brother might take offense to this.

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

I agree with Momma Goose in wondering if your brother told his doctor that his identical twin is gluten intolerant. There is nothing to stop you from calling his doctor's office and asking the your gluten intolerence be added to the family medical history.

Of course, there is the possibility that your brother might take offense to this.

HE has the symptoms and won't even admit it to himself. JUST like I did only worse...

He's not going to discuss it with his doctor, he doesn't think it's real.

Arrrgghhhh(jerry's head banging on desk)

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

Jerry,

Sorry to hear about your brother, it is very frustrating. Those are very cute kiddie's in your avatar. :)

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Jerry,

Sorry to hear about your brother, it is very frustrating. Those are very cute kiddie's in your avatar. :)

Thanks, those are my sweeet little nieces...I dote on them shamelessly :P

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

You

I guess you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink, :(

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I asked if he liked it, he said "Yes, I don't wake up all stiff and sore in the morning". I'm like you know, perhaps if you'd cut back on the wheat products, it would help out your pain level.

He says, oh I haven't had any wheat in several days now...

I think this is the real reason he's feeling better when he wakes up. ;)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

be sure to watch him closely until he acclimates to the cymbalta. it's in the class of anti-depressants that can actually increase suicidal thoughts. usually it's most pronounced in teenagers, but you can never be too careful.

hope he'll come around some day. keep fighting the good fight.

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2006

Villus blunting and positive blood test

Dear JerryK,

I would like to smack that doofus twin of yours right upside the head! :angry: He is as stupid as my parents and brother! My mother takes so many pills now it is unreal. I am surprised she knows her own name! Sometimes she even slurs her words a bit. That concerns me.

Unfortunately, stupidity and stubborness are two diseases no pill can fix. Personally, I feel anti-depressants and all of these other pills are just prescriptions for poison. Drugs like this are handed out like candy. Doctors do not take them very seriously. How many people have to flip out and commit suicide before it stops? Man, would I love to be the attorney prosecuting these drug companies! ;)

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

Dear JerryK,

I would like to smack that doofus twin of yours right upside the head! :angry:

Oh man, you took the words right out of my mouth :P:P:P

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

You

Oh man, you took the words right out of my mouth :P:P:P

Dear Jerry,

Whack! There, that should do it! If not, maybe Tony Soprano should rough him up. ;) That could do the job. I am with JNBunnie1, he needs a good smack.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville