Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hells Bells

Whats Going On Now

I wonder if anyone has any idea whats going on, I have been getting pasty looking, fatigued and recently when I stand up quickly I get dizzy. I am cold all the time but fatigue is my biggest thing. I am gluten free apart from the odd accident. I thought cold was due to thyroid, but now not sure. My blood pressure seems lower than it usualy is 105/70 usualy I'm at about 130/75, I got so dizzy I thought I was going to faint.

So can anyone help this 42 paranoid celiac, convinced I must have cancer or leukaemia or something, thats why I don't want to go to my doc, they always say its all in my mind anyway.

Oh also having real trouble sleeping.

Thank you everyone

Diagnosed March 2006. Still in denial.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you been tested for anemia? I had all of your symptoms--and found out that my hemiglobin was at 8. Just 3 months before, it had been at 11.5.

I had all of the symptoms you describe.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Yes, I agree. Get your iron levels checked. It also sounds like your metabolism is too slow. I have the same problems you describe. Try taking extra virgin, cold pressed coconut oil and flaxseed oil regularly. I was surprized how the metabolism picks up and the cold feeling fades away. Try it, you'll be surprized.

Gluten intolerant - self diagnosed 2007 (not willing to do gluten challenge) and anemic

no dairy, soy, legumes, eggs, sugar, chocolate

no baked and processed foods (also gluten-free bakery) and high GI (due to hypoglycemia)

enjoy brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa and polenta instead

neurological symptoms flare up when glutened and in times of stress

following paleo diet, lots of raw fruit and veg, omega 3 oils, nuts

I feel heathy and able to function for the first time in my life. Thank God.

Organic food gives a great advantage.

Kefir rules!

On a mission to get rid of Candida overgrowth after a stressful event dropped my immune system. On a strict anti-candida diet using herbs and natural remedies. No meds or drugs to make it worse thanks.

http://www.gilbertssyndrome.com/candida.php

http://www.candidasupport.org/candida.html

I agree. I would have your Iron checked. I have been struggling with Anemia for about 8 years. I have had 4 children, all c-sections, and my level was 6 before my last one in 2005. I was put on Iron Pills, which irritate my stomach. I try to eat lots of greens and red meats when I feel tired or dizzy. It seems to help short term. I believe it is still best to know and check iron level. Good luck

I do, still, feel cold, dizzy, and tired frequently. I am not convinced that it is the Iron Deficiency. Mine is around 10.5 normally now. I think it has to be something else. I have had several expensive tests, exams, x-rays, MRI, c-scan of everything from my head to my bowels. Nothing has turned up, aside from the anemia, celiac, and IBS. If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Thanks