Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are cocoa krispies and fruity pebbles really gluten free..........someone posted on here that they are. I hope so. That would be awesome.

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes they are, as is berry pebbles. Newer Trix cereal is also gluten free. Make sure the food starch is corn. Older boxes of Trix are not gluten-free. Dora's stars cereal, Disney's Little Einsteins, and Mickey Mouse (Clubhouse?) are also gluten-free.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Yes they are, as is berry pebbles. Newer Trix cereal is also gluten free. Make sure the food starch is corn. Older boxes of Trix are not gluten-free. Dora's stars cereal, Disney's Little Einsteins, and Mickey Mouse (Clubhouse?) are also gluten-free.

Do you know if energy drinks are gluten free. I know they are horrible for you, but sometimes i need a little quivk pick me up. THANKS!

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

I have no idea. :blink: You should probably contact the companies directly because they have so much protein and fillers in them.

Jenny

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Are cocoa krispies and fruity pebbles really gluten free..........someone posted on here that they are. I hope so. That would be awesome.

Fruity, Berry, and Cocoa Peebles are indeed gluten free. Cocoa Krispies are NOT. I'm not sure if you were just inquiring about Peebles, but there is also a cereal called Cocoa Krispies. Just wanted to make sure you didn't confuse the two.

BTW, Cocoa Peebles make an awesome substitute for rice krispie treats

Red Bull and Vault energy drinks are gluten free. I would assume most others are also since they are mostly caffeine and sugar, but I'd check with the manufacturers to be safe.

John

positive blood tests 2/07

positive endoscopy 2/07

colonoscopy with benign polyps 2/07

Fruity, Berry, and Cocoa Peebles are indeed gluten free. Cocoa Krispies are NOT. I'm not sure if you were just inquiring about Peebles, but there is also a cereal called Cocoa Krispies. Just wanted to make sure you didn't confuse the two.

BTW, Cocoa Peebles make an awesome substitute for rice krispie treats

Red Bull and Vault energy drinks are gluten free. I would assume most others are also since they are mostly caffeine and sugar, but I'd check with the manufacturers to be safe.

Corn Flakes are Gluten Free also. I found that out from my dietiticien. I was so happy.

Jerri

Celiac Diseac

Sjogren's Syndrome

Hypothyroidism

HypoParathyroidism

Hashismoto's Thyroiditis

Fibromyalgia

Raynauds Syndrome

Migraines

Major Depression

Bipolar Disordor

Neurogenic Bldder

Pudendal Neuralgia

Chronic Insomnia

Ostopenia

Osteoarthritis

Vitamin D Deficiency

B12 Defiency Defiency

Iron Defiency

OOPPS. I thought you wrote cocoa and fruity pebbles. :rolleyes: Sorry. The rice crispy type cereals are not gluten-free, but the pebbles cereals are.

Jenny

Corn Flakes are Gluten Free also. I found that out from my dietiticien. I was so happy.

Can you please let me know which brand of Corn Flakes? I think I read that Kelloggs contains Malt Flavoring. Thanks! I love cereal and have really been missing it!

Hope you don't mean Kellogg's Corn Flakes, because they are definitely NOT gluten-free (they contain malt, which is from barley, which is gluten). Most dieticians know very little about gluten, unfortunately...

Hope you don't mean Kellogg's Corn Flakes, because they are definitely NOT gluten-free (they contain malt, which is from barley, which is gluten). Most dieticians know very little about gluten, unfortunately...

I thought the kellogs corn flakes were glutten free as well...i eat a bowl every morning...thats why i feel bad!!! How frusterating! I have alot of learning to do.

Diagnosed via bloodwork Celiac April 2007

Intolerance to Dairy June 2007

One of the first things that confused me when I went gluten free was Corn flakes....they seem so simple who would have ever thought they would contain malt? Same with Rice Krispies.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I found Heallth Valley corn "chex" at Fred Meyer. I hope to make a version of gluten-free "chex mix." ;)

Jenny