This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Any Canadians Or Other Francophones

gfp

gfp Enthusiast

Hi my Uncle sent me an email to translate for my cousin in Geneva who doesn't speak French ,...

I got it except one word...

acetabulaire....

Anyone any clues

context ....

colonne lombaire

bon respect de l'alignement des murs posterieurs.

le bassin est bien equilibre

hypoplaise des douziemes cotes

discopathies moderees etages predominant en L6-L5 et L5-S1.visible sous forme de pincement des espaces inter-somatiques et d'une osteophytose marginale debutanta des plateaux vertebraux adjacents.

il n'y a pas d'alteration morphologique des corps vertebraux

dimensions normales du canal rachidien

hemisacralisation de la L5 gauche

bassin

il n'y a pas d'anomalie de la structure osseuse

element de comblement osseux visible a la jonction tete-col superieure des deux cotes pouvant correler un conflit femoro-acetabulaire

petite calcification acetabulaire visible du cote droit

ebauche d'arthrose sacro-iliaque bilaterale

pas de calcification pathologique decelable.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

RiceGuy Collaborator

Well, I'm not sure if this is right, but medterms.com says:

Definition of Acetabular

Acetabular: Pertaining to the acetabulum, the cup-shaped socket of the hip joint which is a key feature of the pelvis. The head (upper end) of the femur (the thighbone) fits into the acetabulum and articulates with it, forming a ball-and-socket joint.

The acetabulum is not just cup-shaped. The word "acetabulum" in Latin means cup, a vinegar cup.

cdfiance Explorer

I believe acetabulaire is referring to the acetabulum, which is where the head of the femur articulates with the pelvis. I am not a native speaker of French but I believe this is what it is and it seems to fit in with the context of the article since the lumbar spine also articulates with the pelvis. I hope I got this right for you.

Ryan

gfp Enthusiast
I believe acetabulaire is referring to the acetabulum, which is where the head of the femur articulates with the pelvis. I am not a native speaker of French but I believe this is what it is and it seems to fit in with the context of the article since the lumbar spine also articulates with the pelvis. I hope I got this right for you.

Ryan

Thanks ... that makes sense... RiceGuy thx too :D I thought I'd get better naswers here than my Girlfriend who's bilingual (hence doesn't know medical terms in either :D)

Archived