Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smiley1nyc

Product Ingriedient Info...

i just bought some hair products...and wanted to know if the ingriedients does not say

Hordewn Vulgare

oryza sativa (rice) is this ok?

aven sativa

oat kernel flour

Delphi

maltodextrine

or any word with wheat..

Also is Vit E ok?

and soy? in hair and beauty products

this is hard to avoid...

also i bought some chanel lip gloss it did not say any of that either..

the produxts that i bought were

Curly sexy hair curl inhancer

deva curl angell

paul mitchell extra-body sculpting foam

big sexy hair flip it over

Thanks everyone.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i just bought some hair products...and wanted to know if the ingriedients does not say

Hordewn Vulgare

aven sativa

oat kernel flour

Delphi

maltodextrine

or any word with wheat..

Also is Vit E ok?

this is hard to avoid...

deva curl angell

Thanks everyone.

I know Big Sexy Hair Shampoo has wheat in it. That what I was using but, now I'm using Dove. Not sure about there other products tho

Bobbie,

tested positive for celiac 2007

Gall bladder removed 2007

D/C a month after daughter was born 2005

Low Blood Pressure

Fainting disorder

food allergy to Dairy, pork,fish,most peanut butter,nutra sweet,aspartam and more to be determined.

Yes, i noticed that some of there products do have wheat,b ut some of them did not. like the curl enhancer that i bought didn't have anything that i noticed to be wheat..thats why iwas just asking to see if there were any other names for gluten derived ingriedients that i didn't know about..

I know Big Sexy Hair Shampoo has wheat in it. That what I was using but, now I'm using Dove. Not sure about there other products tho

Hordewn Vulgare

aven sativa

oat kernel flour

Delphi

maltodextrine

or any word with wheat..

Also is Vit E ok?

this is hard to avoid...

deva curl angell

Thanks everyone.

Hope you didn't spend too much money:

Vulgare - is barley

Oat kernel flour would not be safe due to cross contamination

Delphi - what in the world is that?

Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioners have gluten products. (wheat/oats)

Have no earthly idea aboaut deva curl angel or big sexy hair flip it over.

It is always wise to call the company and see if they are gluten free before you spend alot of money. Please be careful with your products. Many of these can make you ill.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

vvvvulgar was not in any of these products nor was any of the other ingriedients that i wrote down..i was just wondering is there any other hidden technical wording that i would not recogize..the paul mitchel does not say it has a ny wheat in the product that i bought but i will call them. Every company i have called including dove says they don't put it in certain products but that can't gurantee? my other products say wheat protien these don't say any of that.

Hope you didn't spend too much money:

Vulgare - is barley

Oat kernel flour would not be safe due to cross contamination

Delphi - what in the world is that?

Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioners have gluten products. (wheat/oats)

Have no earthly idea aboaut deva curl angel or big sexy hair flip it over.

It is always wise to call the company and see if they are gluten free before you spend alot of money. Please be careful with your products. Many of these can make you ill.

vvvvulgar was not in any of these products nor was any of the other ingriedients that i wrote down..i was just wondering is there any other hidden technical wording that i would not recogize..the paul mitchel does not say it has a ny wheat in the product that i bought but i will call them. Every company i have called including dove says they don't put it in certain products but that can't gurantee? my other products say wheat protien these don't say any of that.

Hi,

Aven is oats.

Vitamin E is wheat germ oil. :( . I had to give away my Jason's hand soap the other day, because I was getting sick from it.

Oct 2006 Bio Tek results:

Highly reactive to:

spelt, wheat, gliadin, gluten, rye (any pattern going on here?)

Also casein, whey, sesame, asparagus and soy.

April 2007 Entero Lab gene test results:

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0602

Serologic equivalent: HLA, DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,6)

A paraphrase from an egyption hieroglyph, " 25% of what we eat benefits our body, 75% of what we eat benefits the doctor".

Smiley - go the the site index here on this site and check for the Forbidden list. That may give you some answers.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Vitamin E is wheat germ oil. :( . I had to give away my Jason's hand soap the other day, because I was getting sick from it.

Not all vitamin E is from wheat germ oil. There are numerous other possible sources. Wheat germ oil has a high concentration, but many other vegetable oils are good sources. It can also be synthetic, as d, l-alpha-tocopherol.

The Canadian Celiac Association considers tocopherols (vitamin E) to be safe for celiacs, according to the 2006 edition of their pocket reference.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Guest j_mommy

For a nonedible product Paul Mitchell is pretty good about labeling their products if they have wheat in them. I also use Paul Mitchell!

how about soy in products hair, and lotions? also can i eat soy (other then soy sauce).

For a nonedible product Paul Mitchell is pretty good about labeling their products if they have wheat in them. I also use Paul Mitchell!

in the lotion that i use it state's that it has vit.E but in the ingriedients it does not say wheat it say's tocopheryl acetate i called palmers and they said they do not test for gluten and gave a list of products that may contain gluten..also some of my make up has vit e, and are vit e supplements ok?

Not all vitamin E is from wheat germ oil. There are numerous other possible sources. Wheat germ oil has a high concentration, but many other vegetable oils are good sources. It can also be synthetic, as d, l-alpha-tocopherol.

The Canadian Celiac Association considers tocopherols (vitamin E) to be safe for celiacs, according to the 2006 edition of their pocket reference.

Thanks for the correction! For anyone that's curious about the Jason's hand soap, I did call the manufacuturer on that.

Oct 2006 Bio Tek results:

Highly reactive to:

spelt, wheat, gliadin, gluten, rye (any pattern going on here?)

Also casein, whey, sesame, asparagus and soy.

April 2007 Entero Lab gene test results:

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0602

Serologic equivalent: HLA, DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,6)

A paraphrase from an egyption hieroglyph, " 25% of what we eat benefits our body, 75% of what we eat benefits the doctor".