Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Candida Saliva Test

How accurate is this test in finding out if you have candida overgrowth?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you're talking about this one - http://www.candidasite.com/saliva-test.php

I think it's reasonably accurate for a non-official test based on my own experience. At times when I've had candida overgrowth also based on my naturopath's diagnosis, the saliva test was positive. When I didn't have problems, it was negative.

The clincher for me was when I was having my worst prediagnosis years and kept swearing I must have candida (no clue about gluten at this point), but the saliva test kept coming up negative. Took a one-month course of Threelac, which had been my saving grace and miracle product for a few years, thinking it would help anyway and it didn't help at all. No difference, positive or negative.

So in my experience, it's accurate.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

I was hoping someone would say it was not accurate. I did the test the other day and it was positive. My hubby kept telling it was cause i had a beer the night before tho. I have neen afraid to try it again, even tho i know i have a problem with candida, i just dont know if im ready to give up sugar lol

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

The "spit test" is not a reliable method of testing. First...yeast is something which lives in ALL of us...the spit test cant diagnose if candida albicans (a pathogenic yeast) is overgrown.

If you go around and have all of your friends who are perfectly healthy do the spit test...you will find that many of them get the same results you're getting....except they're not sick.

I know of people who have even tested their dogs....and the dogs have tested positive too!!

Lots of things can influence the results...and having a "positive" test isnt a diagnosis of candida overgrowth.

I had blood antibody tests and stool tests. Blood tests are more reliable and more accurate than stool tests. I dont bother with the spit test.

Rachel